Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411571 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:44:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 516023 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4320 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »

I've been watching through Samurai Flamenco.  That show is the most baffling shit.  Like, I'm still enjoying it despite entirely nonsense, completely tone-shifting, plot points happening with increasing regularity.  It's like someone in Japan saw all the Superhero deconstructions that have come out in American comics over the past 30 years and decided to make up for lost time.

The show starts of as Kick-Ass, so Mark Millar, then goes into Grant Morrison-esque territory with super-hero as jungian archetype/reality altering personae, then goes into Warren Ellis/Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. type stuff, and now it's at some weird Allan Moore, almost Phillip K. Dick, type of government conspiracy paranoia plotline.  And each twist makes the stuff that happened before it make less sense in context.  Like, every TV hero was actually a real superhero all along, and there have been real superheroes in America since at least the 70s?

I really don't know where this is going. 

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: May 02, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »

http://kotaku.com/i-cant-decide-if-samurai-flamenco-is-brilliant-or-terr-1503049913

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4322 on: May 02, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »

Yeah, that's basically my thoughts on it.  It really does feel increasingly to be following Mulholland Drive-esque dream logic.  Everything seems really intentional, and to at the very least follow some sort of internal thematic logic even if it doesn't make actual narrative sense.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4323 on: May 03, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »

Finished watching "School Days" recently.

That was utterly depressing, even without the violent ending.

Without diminishing the significance of how the other characters were affected, watching Kotonoha's descent into madness was heartbreaking.

I've been bleaching my brain with Azumanga Daioh since.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4324 on: May 03, 2014, 01:55:46 AM »

Without diminishing the significance of how the other characters were affected, watching Kotonoha's descent into madness was heartbreaking.

Don't touch Bokurano XD

ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: May 03, 2014, 04:48:45 AM »

Samurai Flamenco's writers were working on a higher level of playing with fiction vs reality within fiction about fiction than that reviewer was thinking.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: May 03, 2014, 05:09:17 AM »

selector infected WIXOSS is definitely the surprise of the season. I'm excited to see where it will go. Somewhere very unhappy though, obviously.

Akuma no Riddle, on the other hand ... is getting less interesting by the episode. What's the point of this show? If it's a one-assassin-per-episode deal I'd expect that the focus would be on the assassins and fleshing out their motivations and such. I guess it's trying to do that a bit, but it's brief and I'm not really feeling it. If it's the dynamic between the protagonists ... I'm not really feeling that either. One has no emotions and the other has no brain, but other than that they're fairly blank.

No Game No Life is also getting less exciting. Still fun, but the protagonists seem to be gaining some extremely thick plot-armour which in a show about playing games would ruin all the tension.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4327 on: May 04, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »

selector infected WIXOSS is definitely the surprise of the season. I'm excited to see where it will go. Somewhere very unhappy though, obviously.

Akuma no Riddle, on the other hand ... is getting less interesting by the episode. What's the point of this show? If it's a one-assassin-per-episode deal I'd expect that the focus would be on the assassins and fleshing out their motivations and such. I guess it's trying to do that a bit, but it's brief and I'm not really feeling it. If it's the dynamic between the protagonists ... I'm not really feeling that either. One has no emotions and the other has no brain, but other than that they're fairly blank.

No Game No Life is also getting less exciting. Still fun, but the protagonists seem to be gaining some extremely thick plot-armour which in a show about playing games would ruin all the tension.

I agree
Wixxos is just awesome
The best scenario show of the season right now for me

I still need to see Mahouka and sidonia

Anyway like i said on another forum
Spoil episode 5
For the new rule on wixxos
I just enter in the game and wish to be poor and unlucky , then i loose like shit three times and then get the Goods hahahah.
I hope we gonna see some mindfuckery like this Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: May 04, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »

I don't think that would work though - the wishes seem more like a deepest-desire thing rather than a genie/Madoka style wish where you go 'I wish for <x>'.

Speculating on the show is definitely fun though. And I hear it's going to be 24 episodes, which is nice.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4329 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:11 AM »

I don't think that would work though - the wishes seem more like a deepest-desire thing rather than a genie/Madoka style wish where you go 'I wish for <x>'.

Speculating on the show is definitely fun though. And I hear it's going to be 24 episodes, which is nice.

Not cool
I need my 12/11 episodes ><
Too little time to watch anime !!!

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4330 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:09 AM »

Don't touch Bokurano XD

Haha, not too close to School Days anyway. I don't think I would have handled it well. Wink

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4331 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »

Yeah
I mostly said Bokurano because of its sadness,madness and grim shit story

Anyway New fate for 2014 !!!!!
It's a remaster of the famous fate stay night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiiVJ1M8Ns&feature=youtu.be
 Smiley

ink.inc
« Reply #4332 on: May 10, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »

this is p cool
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4333 on: May 10, 2014, 12:36:26 PM »

So it will be trash again? Welp.

It will be like the fate stay night series but more dark like Fate zero

It said it will be some different from the ancient DEEN series
I'll watch it , i think the outcome will say the same but the story development could change with new characters , new combats etc

Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4334 on: May 14, 2014, 03:51:56 AM »

Got round to watching Ping Pong, The animation. It art direction is just the brilliant, the characters though they range from meh to why you such an arse bruh ?

Life sucks and then you die.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4335 on: May 28, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »

The scenarist of Selector wixxos are scaring me
They are pure genius

Selector wixxos 08
The ending was like

This series is like a good video game where constantly the rules of the core Gameplay and the game-system change and you have to question yourself constantly after that

The episode 8 was Twisted and crazy like hell but in a calm way , yeah like the tv us show Homeland , calm , slowly we fall into madness , pure madness , Hell

It's pure thriller psychological , for now it's one of the best anime of the season
Kill la Kill is a complete joke in front of it scenario-wise the least.

I'm wowed , and now i'm constantly thinking about the cards
Also the old mother is totally a suspect for me , something bugs me about her

Oh MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: May 28, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »

Comparing something scenaristically to kill a kill is a disservice and tell nothing about the quality of a show -_- Kill la kill main appeal is sheer charisma everything else is nothing special.

Wixxos looks like it tape in the madoka style of storytelling, in fact not just madoka, I would call those anime "game or information" anime, see death note, or any anime where character are in a "system of rules" where information games, exploit and loophole are the main mean of agency, see also hunter x hunter's arcs or naruto's school's tests. Opposed to power leveling anime (kill la kill) or adventure anime (one piece) among other. See inception for the equivalent in american movies.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4337 on: May 28, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »

Comparing something scenaristically to kill a kill is a disservice and tell nothing about the quality of a show -_- Kill la kill main appeal is sheer charisma everything else is nothing special.

Wixxos looks like it tape in the madoka style of storytelling, in fact not just madoka, I would call those anime "game or information" anime, see death note, or any anime where character are in a "system of rules" where information games, exploit and loophole are the main mean of agency, see also hunter x hunter's arcs or naruto's school's tests. Opposed to power leveling anime (kill la kill) or adventure anime (one piece) among other. See inception for the equivalent in american movies.

I used KlK because wixxos seems have less Hype than the last show of Imaishi and it bugs me a lot
But yeah it's way better and yeah it's very based on information a lot , information hidden to the heroines all along
Cruel stuff , definitly one of the best work of Mari okada (i was surprised it was her writing it )

Also KlK have a good twist towards end of anime for the heroines of the tv show
It was kinda cool but yeah from scenario it was Okay at best for me.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:12:33 PM by airman4 » Logged

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: May 30, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »

Anyone here watch Hunter X Hunter? I'm on episode 52 and it's pretty great.

Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »

I watched the old series and OVAs (Hunter x Hunter, Hunter x Hunter OVA, Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island, Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final). Great stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic