Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 12:30:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRemnant - 4X Strategy Space Game [KICKSTARTER UP - GREENLIT]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Remnant - 4X Strategy Space Game [KICKSTARTER UP - GREENLIT]  (Read 4292 times)
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »

The game looks really great so far! I'll be watching closely-- looking forward to hearing more about the gameplay!

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 11:54:28 AM »

Here's my Screenshot Saturday entry:

The game looks really great so far! I'll be watching closely-- looking forward to hearing more about the gameplay!

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words.  I've got most of the design "locked in" at this point and will be updating the first post very soon.  I've come up with, what I think are, some pretty fun twists on the genre.

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »

After an absolutely exhausting few weeks, I'm pleased to announce that Remnant is now available on Kickstarter and Greenlight!  It's a fantastic feeling finally being able to put it out there for public consumption and to get some much needed feedback.  Marketing is mentally draining, constantly playing with things and adjusting them until they're just right only to wake up the next day and hate it.  

was easily the most tiring.  I hope it turned out alright.

In more development related news, I've joined forces with a character artist to help flesh out the character and agent portraits:

Fingers crossed everything goes well!

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

Absolute rollercoaster of emotions in the last 24 hours.

After one day, Remnant is 31% of the way up the ladder to top 100 on Greenlight:

I have absolutely no clue how good that is as there's little baseline to compare it to.  It feels good though, so who cares!  If any Greenlight experienced devs want to chime in, please do.

The Kickstarter is slowly trickling in backers.  I haven't had much luck with getting coverage on any sites, sent about 100+ e-mails last night and this morning, but fingers are still crossed.  If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, that would be very welcome right now.

Faerdan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »

This is looking brilliantly polished and very appealing.

Good luck with Greenlight and Kickstarter.

Developer of UNION Spaceship Command [Greenlight | IndieDB | Twitter]
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »

75% of the way there!  This is exciting.

This is looking brilliantly polished and very appealing.

Good luck with Greenlight and Kickstarter.

Thanks for the kind words Faerdan.  I appreciate it.  Just checked out your game on IndieDB and it looks right up my alley - followed you.

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

Top 100!  Looking forward to waking up to some really good news sometime this week.  Thanks for all your support everyone!

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »

Random tips:
- on the homepage link to your personal Twitter not the game twitter (it has 4 followers while yours has like 300)
- in posts make a link to GL that opens the Steam client (not sure how it's done but I have seen it) this way one don't need to login via website (most people don't)
- have you contacted explorminate and space sector?
- there is no YouTube channel link on your homepage

BTW, make sure to make a "postmortem" after you finish GL and KS Smiley In next in line to do these Smiley

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »

Did it!  Going to have a big drink tonight to celebrate the stress of this part being over.  I'm not entirely sure if games are still approved in huge waves, but Remnant definitely seems on deck to be approved soon.

Kickstarter has picked up a little, up to 15% funded.  Still not having much luck being covered by the bigger sites.  Hopefully someone gets back to me soon.  Silence is way more haunting than "your game sucks go away".

Random tips:
- on the homepage link to your personal Twitter not the game twitter (it has 4 followers while yours has like 300)
- in posts make a link to GL that opens the Steam client (not sure how it's done but I have seen it) this way one don't need to login via website (most people don't)
- have you contacted explorminate and space sector?
- there is no YouTube channel link on your homepage

BTW, make sure to make a "postmortem" after you finish GL and KS Smiley In next in line to do these Smiley

Appreciate the tips Archibald:
- You think the Twitter makes that big of a difference?  I definitely want to start using the "official" Twitter account.
- I have no clue how to make a link that opens Steam but it doesn't seem to have been a problem.
- I'm featured on eXplorminate and Space Sector already, reached out to them very early.
- I was planning on replacing the Greenlight link to YouTube once it's greenlit.  No clue if that's a bad idea.

My advice on KS/GL so far: have a lot of alcohol on hand to cope with all the stress.

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

- You think the Twitter makes that big of a difference?  I definitely want to start using the "official" Twitter account.
Not important in terms of getting new views but it's negative. When you see a Twitter with 4 followers you get a *strong* impression that some kid got assets from unity store, tossed together something in half an hour and now want to run with your money. You would better remove the Twitter link altogether (you can start working on your official twitter *after* kickstarter, now you need credibility and your personal account provides it while the official is terrible for this purpose).

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »

Woke up to some wonderful news yesterday:

Only took 6 days.  Feels pretty friggin' good.

Now I need to focus on building a small demo to get the game out to some folks to try to promote the Kickstarter.  Should have had that out from the start -- big mistake on my part.

Not important in terms of getting new views but it's negative. When you see a Twitter with 4 followers you get a *strong* impression that some kid got assets from unity store, tossed together something in half an hour and now want to run with your money. You would better remove the Twitter link altogether (you can start working on your official twitter *after* kickstarter, now you need credibility and your personal account provides it while the official is terrible for this purpose).

That's a great point -- consider it changed!

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:03 PM »

Hmm, demo might be a doublke edged sword. But yeah, in your situation it's probably a good idea.

But first I would work on an additional video. One where you simply talk about the game and about you. Why you make the game, what's original in the game, what are the core design goals, about you as the developer. You know, usually I have laughed at the "people want to know about the person they crowdfund not just about the game" but after checking your kickstarter I changed my mind (I found it missing). One should say a few words about himself.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic