Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 04:49:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Blitz Breaker - [OUT NOW ON iOS]  (Read 29186 times)
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »

Lasers are pretty much finished. I may change the smoke colour or add some sparks (I don't want to over complicate it), but for all intents and purposes they're finished.

World 3 is wrapping up (just gotta finish the boss now) and World 4 has been started. Will post more gifs when I have more to show of the boss. Also got the first piece of cabinet art implemented, so gotta make the menus for that. I'll show that off soon.

Edit: Holy shit, I actually made it to 100 posts. Yay everything!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:16:09 AM by blekdar » Logged

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2015, 07:43:42 AM »

Alright, so I briefly touched on this earlier on, but implementation has started. For the pc (and maybe future potential console release =O), got some arcade style cabinet art added to help fill up the screen.

Don't worry, you can turn this off if you don't like it, but I definitely feel that it fills the blank space quite nicely. The art is done by http://coffeedaydreams.tumblr.com/, and she did a wonderful job.

I'm planning on having about 4-5 options, have about 2 done so far. Looking for a couple other artists to help out, hit me up if you know anyone. Cheers!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2015, 07:10:02 AM »

Couple shots for this week. New head feature Fat Bard, the guys doing Blitz's music and sfx:

And a quick teaser of the 3rd boss, TESS. Managed to get this boss going relatively quickly, was awesome:

Things are going pretty smoothly, working on the 4th (and final) World now, and it's almost 50% done. Have a great weekend everyone!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2015, 06:41:56 AM »

Got some even more wicked cabinet art done up by the wicked talented Nightmare Bruce http://nightmare-bruce.tumblr.com/

That brings the current count up to 3, I'll probably end up doing a more minimalist one to round it out and call it there.

In other news, if all goes well you can expect a new version of the demo within the next couple weeks. It will include the new cabinet art, some tweaks to the game (all minor). This should coincide with the launch of the green light campaign soon after (yaaaaaaaaay!)

Progress is going pretty well, lots of tweaking and level design, content wise it's probably roughly 75-80% done now? That sounds right.

Also have a few new heads done up, will probably show off a few in the near future. Cheers guys and have a great weekend!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »

Hey guys! Long time no post, I'll show off some proper updates later but for now I thought I'd let you know that Blitz Breaker has somehow made it's way onto steam greenlight! I'll try to update a few times on it's progress (votes, comments, feedback, etc.) but as I just started I don't much info (there's been a couple crits for the fact that it's designed in portrait mode, but I'm not too worried about that)

If you want to vote you can here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495206909

If you could vote and share, I'd super appreciate it. If not, it's all good. You guys all have a great day now. Cheers.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »

I got stressed watching the trailer. Those levels look super challenging... Especially when I remember back to how bad I was at the demo haha. You've definitely really expanded the games puzzles and challenges. Nicely done. Best of luck on the campaign, will be sure to give it a vote.

I'd highly encourage you to put a bigger emphasis on the GL page about the fact they can play a demo of the game on their PC today. Steam trolls love bashing on mobile ports even if its underserved. Reiterating that: "Not sure how fun this can be on a PC? PLAY IT TODAY TO FIND OUT!" type shit. The game is addictive, the demo can help convert haters who give it a whirl. Overall though, they will likely be the minority of votes (even if they're loud).

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »

I'd highly encourage you to put a bigger emphasis on the GL page about the fact they can play a demo of the game on their PC today. Steam trolls love bashing on mobile ports even if its underserved. Reiterating that: "Not sure how fun this can be on a PC? PLAY IT TODAY TO FIND OUT!" type shit. The game is addictive, the demo can help convert haters who give it a whirl. Overall though, they will likely be the minority of votes (even if they're loud).

It's funny, I decided to update the page to emphasize the demo right before I read your reply. The trolls haven't been too bad, and after about 6 hours the votes are at roughly a 50% yes / 50% no ratio, so I can't complain when comparing that to the averages. I'm gonna do a bit of a harder social media push later today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm a little optimistic about it though.

Thanks for the kind words by the way, always nice to hear.

SalmanShh
Level 0

@Salman_Shh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »

voted! keep up the good work  Coffee it is always heart wrenching to get some public opinion. numbers end up changing drastically later on. Grin

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »

Thanks Salman, for the most part the comments have been pretty positive, minus a few people who dislike the orientation. I spruced up the page a bit more to draw attention to certain parts, and will probably send out emails to some websites and see if I can get a bit more coverage that way.

Anyways I'm pretty beat, and will start working on some emails in the morning.

Cheers!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2015, 06:37:09 AM »

Well, day 1 on greenlight was pretty good overall actually. Feedback was generally very positive (minus a few negative comments based on the whole mobile game stigma) and if we look here:

We can see some progress was made. This is just less than a full day on greenlight, and the votes have been split right down the middle. I don't mind, it is beating the top 50 average in terms of vote percentage, so that's cool. I'm gonna do up some press emails and send them away to several websites, and some streamers may be picking up the demo in the near future.

That all being said, looking at the averages, I'm a little surprised at how many 'no' votes a lot of games end up getting, even the popular ones. The current average for a top 50 game is a 36% yes / 64% no ratio, while I'm sitting at 49% yes / 49% no. I've spoken with a few other devs and this is really common. I'm not 100% sure if people vote based on whether or not they would actually buy the game, as opposed to just seeing it on steam. Mind you, I'm not complaining at all, this is just an observation. I'm happy with the results so far.

In a few more days I'll update you guys again, thanks for the support. Cheers!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2015, 08:14:31 AM »

Hey guys. I figured I'd post the trailer here as well. I'm actually pretty happy with how it came out.

Greenlight has been going decently. Definitely noticing the slowing of votes, but, I can say it's still getting somewhere. Sent out a buuuuuuuuuunch of emails yesterday, hoping a few will bite, but we'll see. Anyways that's all I got for now, will update again soon. Have a great weekend guys!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »

That all being said, looking at the averages, I'm a little surprised at how many 'no' votes a lot of games end up getting, even the popular ones. The current average for a top 50 game is a 36% yes / 64% no ratio, while I'm sitting at 49% yes / 49% no. I've spoken with a few other devs and this is really common. I'm not 100% sure if people vote based on whether or not they would actually buy the game, as opposed to just seeing it on steam. Mind you, I'm not complaining at all, this is just an observation. I'm happy with the results so far.

Total speculation on my part but I think most of the games in the "Top 50" are actually really low quality titles that have simply been on Steam Greenlight for a very, very long time without ever getting the official greenlight. They've built up thousands of yes votes over the months (or years) but so many have said no, there interest levels arent enough to trigger valve's official thumbs up... So the stats in the top 50 are skewed to appear very different than what more successful campaign is experiencing.

I had less than 1k votes and was well  outside the top 100 when Masochisia got greenlit so not sure how high the quality is for more of the "Top 100" projects...

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2015, 08:51:17 AM »

Just wanted to chip in to oldblood's musings and say that Eat Create Sleep's first game on Steam Among Ripples sat on Greenlight for more than 6 months before it got greenlit. I think we had about 45% yes votes (about 2300). I'm unsure if no votes is considered at all.

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2015, 09:31:44 AM »

Total speculation on my part but I think most of the games in the "Top 50" are actually really low quality titles that have simply been on Steam Greenlight for a very, very long time without ever getting the official greenlight.

Funny you mention that, one of the games on the charts was sitting at like...sub 300 votes for 25 days and then BAM, netted another 1600 votes after the next few days. Must have gotten a good feature or something. When it comes down to it I'm not really worried, and it's not like I need to get greenlit this week (still a month or two of dev left to go)

Just wanted to chip in to oldblood's musings and say that Eat Create Sleep's first game on Steam Among Ripples sat on Greenlight for more than 6 months before it got greenlit. I think we had about 45% yes votes (about 2300). I'm unsure if no votes is considered at all.

Wow, six months at over 2000 votes eh? That's kind of nuts considering the top #100 item has like...not even 600 (according to the steam graph). Seems that greenlight has slowed down quite a bit in the past few months, I dunno if it's due to saturation though. I wonder how valve even determines which games get greenlit and which don't, seems really inconsistent at times. Like I said though, not worried, just curious.

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »

Wow, six months at over 2000 votes eh? That's kind of nuts considering the top #100 item has like...not even 600 (according to the steam graph). Seems that greenlight has slowed down quite a bit in the past few months, I dunno if it's due to saturation though. I wonder how valve even determines which games get greenlit and which don't, seems really inconsistent at times. Like I said though, not worried, just curious.

Yeah, we got greenlit in January, 2015, perhaps it was another story just a few months ago?

Even though a lot has been said by devs at this point it still seems like a black box. I guess Valve wants to keep it that way.  Although, the system is proportional so it might be a temporary low, on a busy day with a lot of "high end" indie games (or other games that can't get in any other way) the numbers are probably higher.

The decline of Greenlight is probably due to that fewer people "cruise" the Greenlight section and vote as a pastime (or whatever you should call it). I still see these bigger indie projects getting thousands of votes in a matter of days so it must still be used, but the majority of eyeballs does not come from Steam itself any more. Our second game Crest which we're currently working on got greenlit in about half the time of Among Ripples (greenlit in November, 2014, launched during summer), and the promotion of the greenlight coincided with our crowdfunding campaign. And yeah, we did a serious effort to get the word out compared to Among Ripples.

I wish you the best of luck, but I think you'll do fine without any well-wishes. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:25:50 PM by Greipur » Logged

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2015, 12:31:49 PM »

Lmao, I came here ready to talk about how I'll probably vote for it and I of course already have. The troubles of waking up too late in the day. Shrug Good luck, blekdar!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »

Lmao, I came here ready to talk about how I'll probably vote for it and I of course already have. The troubles of waking up too late in the day. Shrug Good luck, blekdar!

Thanks dude, appreciate it! Sitting at 67% top the right now, but it's the weekend so I shouldn't expect much. Hoping to get some coverage over this week, so we'll see what happens. I think I'm gonna reach out to a view streamers/youtubers and see if any of them would be interested, to help get some interest/hype. Any people you guys would recommend?

If any of you guys wanted to help get the word out, this has been my go to tweet to I've been recommending: https://twitter.com/blekdar/status/657028014551621633

Thanks guys!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

67% after only 4 days? I guess you're doing fine, at least you're doing far better than me Smiley

My game - Super Night Riders - is currently at 57% after... 42 days Cry

Anyway, you got my up-vote. Good luck Wink

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »

I just played the demo, this is really fun, keep it up!

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

Thanks dude, appreciate it! Sitting at 67% top the right now, but it's the weekend so I shouldn't expect much. Hoping to get some coverage over this week, so we'll see what happens. I think I'm gonna reach out to a view streamers/youtubers and see if any of them would be interested, to help get some interest/hype. Any people you guys would recommend?

If any of you guys wanted to help get the word out, this has been my go to tweet to I've been recommending: https://twitter.com/blekdar/status/657028014551621633

Thanks guys!
You're welcome. I'll see what I can do!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic