Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411665 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 07:06:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEverything Can Draw!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Everything Can Draw!  (Read 2952 times)
medi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »

hi all
first sorry for my bad english.
my game name is “Everything can Draw”.

this is just a test with 5 levels . i made it in 4 days.
i can not explain how to play the game. but i’m sure you will learn how to play soon.
i’m working on a level editor for it so you can make your own levels.
you can download it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/2TSH8EY0H0
thanks for your time .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:49:17 AM by medi » Logged

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »

hello
Alex Vostrov
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »

Hi medi!  Gentleman

Firstly, you should introduce yourself in this thread.

You should also post a screenshot and short description of your game, so that people know what it's about.  It's hard to get people interested without pictures.

Now to the game itself, I tried to run it, but it crashed.  After some tinkering, I installed XNA Redistributable and it ran fine.  It would be nice to have it exit gracefully instead of crashing.

The game involves trying to draw line shapes inside a physics game.  You click on a particular part of an object in the game, and it traces a path as it moves.  The goal is to match the path trace with the one requested by the game.

• First of all, good job on coming up with an interesting idea.  I think that you could use it as a foundation for a compelling puzzle game.
  • The art style is minimalistic and effective.  I thought that it fit the game well, though you might want to consider colour choice.  Right now it appears somewhat random.
  • You should tell the player that SPACE restarts the current level.  It's boring to wait for the current level to complete each time you want to see what happens.
  • I had trouble getting some of the paths recognized by the game.  Sometimes my path was close, but not quite the same.  It was tedious to hunt around for the right spot to click after I essentially solved the puzzle.
  • I thought that the game was too easy.  A good puzzle looks hard, but gives the player an "aha!" feeling when they see the solution.  In this game, I felt like I was just hunting for the right spot to click.  The challenge was observation more than thinking.
  • I think the biggest issue with the game is that it's not really interactive.  The player has one choice that they make: where they click.  The rest of the game is watching the consequences of that choice.  This doesn't really use the capabilities of the medium - you should give the player something to do while the physics is happening or tighten the interaction loop somehow.  For one thing, you could give the player the ability to affect the physics simulation.  That would definitely spice things up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 06:09:16 PM by Alex Vostrov » Logged
medi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:51:45 AM »

really thanks alex.

I thought that the game was too easy.  A good puzzle looks hard, but gives the player an "aha!" feeling when they see the solution.  In this game, I felt like I was just hunting for the right spot to click.  The challenge was observation more than thinking.
i agree. but what should i do to solve this problem ? do you have any idea ?

Alex Vostrov
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

i agree. but what should i do to solve this problem ? do you have any idea ?

Well, here's an idea.  What if the player could manipulate the movement of the puzzle by inserting new objects, Incredible Machine style?  You'd need to loosen up the drawing recognition, but that would add a new layer of challenge.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic