Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:29:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2329354 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20280 on: March 27, 2015, 01:56:31 PM »

SO people find a loophole into quantic entanglement that allow actual instant information sharing through arbitrary distance.

Well now we only need the other half of the alcubierre drive (negative mass) and we are done with the future! Anything will be possible ANYTHING!
linx??

also can i do the opposite of subscribing to a thread because the dark souls thread is like most active thread on TIGS and it keeps tricking me there's interesting stuff to read in the games subforum when there isn't

is there some function on these boards for that?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20281 on: March 27, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »

no

also the dark souls thread is the most interesting
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20282 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

So nintendo have delayed zelda to infnity (not 2015 not e3) I WAS KIND OF WAITING FOR IT with the success of majora's mask (which outperform both oot remake and albw) Well, hello there!

@Entanglement
I don't have the initial source but this might lead to it

edit:
I forgot to mention the zelda TP situation with the NX looming at the horizon, they need dat killer app sure! Time to pay off those HD remix of TP and ss plz.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:26:10 PM by Gimym JIMBERT » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20283 on: March 27, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »

you need to be careful about making new threads because the forum might run out of threads
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20284 on: March 27, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »

Global thread change, reduce the emission of posts

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #20285 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

so i get extreme pain in my right eye only after drawing or playing a game. maybe i need new glasses.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20286 on: March 28, 2015, 06:17:34 AM »

You need less playing, doing more training outside and healthy raw food, food as it grows. That's how I transformed from a wimp into a nearly unbreakable human being.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20287 on: March 28, 2015, 06:40:43 AM »

cooking is an invention almost as old as fire and one our bodies have adapted to through natural selection. Eating raw food is basically dumber than not wearing clothes

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Conker
« Reply #20288 on: March 28, 2015, 06:49:40 AM »

Should I wait until I have a good chunk of the game done or is it okay to post early stages of games?
Also, do you guys think devlogs help in the process of making games, or is it almost unnecessary pressure?

when i was working on witch princess i had a blast going through the beginning and looking at my progress, so i recommend that you start it as early as possible.

it was a lot of fun for me to go back and look through it. 
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20289 on: March 28, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »

cooking is an invention almost as old as fire and one our bodies have adapted to through natural selection.
It's a pretty recent invention, regarding time frames of evolution. You can even eat american fast food but it doesn't mean it is better for you. The body can endure a lot before the accumulated toxic dominates the self-healing capabilities of your body. The advantage of raw food is that the nutrients are balanced and it is all self contained. Your body knows how to deal with that pretty well, an indication for that is that you don't feel "full". Thus the body has more time healing itself than digesting the food.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20290 on: March 28, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »

as far as human inventions go it's about as old as it gets. our jaws and digestive tracts aren't made for uncooked meals so have fun wasting energy chewing and digesting things I guess.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20291 on: March 28, 2015, 08:16:36 AM »

It's a pretty recent invention, regarding time frames of evolution. You can even eat american fast food but it doesn't mean it is better for you. The body can endure a lot before the accumulated toxic dominates the self-healing capabilities of your body. The advantage of raw food is that the nutrients are balanced and it is all self contained. Your body knows how to deal with that pretty well, an indication for that is that you don't feel "full". Thus the body has more time healing itself than digesting the food.

Dude, we have been cooking shit since HOMO ERECTUS and to some degree even earlier.

That obviously doesn't mean that you shouldn't eat raw or that it is unhealthy, but we have definitely adapted to eating cooked meals.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20292 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »

pretty sure he's talking about the concept "raw food" rather than literally just any raw food
which i think is generally vegan
so that'd be fruit and vegetables and nuts and stuff which aren't generally cooked anyway

yes? no?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20293 on: March 28, 2015, 08:50:56 AM »

if you don't cook your beans what kind of shit vegan are you

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20294 on: March 28, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »

Actually there is like a vegan trend in which people only consume raw vegetables and fruits.
They are not all vegans, but only a part of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_veganism

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20295 on: March 28, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

I'll never understand why do some people work hard to be stupid

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20296 on: March 28, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »

I'll never understand why do some people work hard to be stupid
Eating natural is very simple, it also saves you a lot of time. If it is hard then you are doing something wrong, like this guy:

pretty sure he's talking about the concept "raw food" rather than literally just any raw food
which i think is generally vegan
so that'd be fruit and vegetables and nuts and stuff which aren't generally cooked anyway

yes? no?
Yes. I should probably say adding more raw food would do you better. I am not against cooking or even eating meat as long as you don't exagerrate (consider though that you mostly get "industry meat"). I think any radical proposition towards a diet is not optimal. But eating a lot of raw food is definitely a well natured thing to do.

You have few choices in your life:

1. believing in religious fairy tales

2. believing in mass- media and industry claims

3. start reasoning how nature actually works
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:34:05 AM by J-Snake » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: March 28, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »

3. is science and science say raw meat is not enough, not enough being the nuance (also jaw strength have lowered, they are ill fit for raw food now, you risk damaging them).

But yeah a lot of options are bad, grow your food is the best option but it also assume a lot of prerequisite (owning a land, having good soil, having man power, ideal climate, have great bread of animal, resisting parasite/bacterial/virus invasion, having a complete sself sustain micro ecology and being close from the external world which mean having your own autonomous biosphere) it's almost a fairy tales at this point. It's now just a game of min maxing, with no optimal strategy.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20298 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

3. is science and science say raw meat is not enough
Note that there is a lot of "false science" in this domain. A lot of claims are motivated by industry demands since they are "hard to prove" anyway. It's more likely that you don't need meat or anything originating from an animal at all. If you have access to beans, nuts, bananas etc. as they grow, they contain the nutrients in a well balanced way. And that will also show when you start eating that way.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: March 28, 2015, 10:19:53 AM »

if you don't cook your beans what kind of shit vegan are you
who needs beans when you can make delicious hummus from uncooked chickpeas

Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic