Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:01:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBoston GameLoop!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boston GameLoop!  (Read 1073 times)
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:19:06 AM »

Hi folks,

Scott Macmillan) and I are running an "unconference" event in Cambridge, MA (near Boston) on August 28th. It’s a self-organizing game conference, and it goes something like this:

• 9am-10am: People show up and spend an hour getting to know each other’s shared interests
  • 10am-11am: We informally vote on proposed sessions and put those up on the big board
  • 11am: the conference begins!

There are rooms for people to meet in, and a big board with a schedule grid to coordinate it all. Last year’s GameLoop was a huge success: we had about 90 attendees from about 35 companies, including local companies like Irrational Games, Harmonix, and Rockstar New England as well as developers from places like Bethesda Softworks, EA Mythic, and Vicarious Visions.

There were also a TON of indie game developers there, mostly Boston locals, although the excellent Vincent Diamante (composer for Flower) came all the way from L.A.!

What I like best about it is that it’s just folks talking about stuff they want to talk about. We’ve had sessions about procedural animation, ethics in rulesets, distributed version control, iPhone shaders, illusionary gameplay, prototyping, indie marketing, and many others.

You can see the whole 2009 schedule along with some audio and notes from the sessions.

I also

Registration for the event is $40.  We provide breakfast, lunch, and a T-shirt (if we can find a sponsor!). After the conference groups of people head to dinner to hang out.

IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF BOSTON: Scott and I are more than happy to try and set you up with crash space while you’re here for GameLoop. Just let us know if you’d like that and we’ll see if we can arrange it. We can also recommend nearby hotels.

To register, go here: http://gameloop.eventbrite.com. We accept PayPal and major credit cards, as well as cash at the door (but you still need to register).

We hope you can make it! 

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »

Why couldn't it be in july  Sad

I'm going to be near Boston already then, I'd totally go if it had been then.

Huh?
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:44 AM »

Aw, sorry about that!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic