Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:50:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIndie game - STORM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Indie game - STORM  (Read 3463 times)
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »

Hi!
Look at my game - STORM and post your feedback, please Smiley

It's indie 2D Platformer, fighting. Dark post apocalyptic world swarming with mutants, half-destroyed streets of a former megapolis, metropolitan tunnels, air ducts, underground mutant city.

Summary of the game:
The game is set in the nearest future. The main character finds himself in a post apocalyptic ruins of a former megapolis, filled with horrible mutants. Trying to find out the reasons of the global disaster and in order to prevent himself form mutating further, Alex goes on a journey to the Mutant city. On the way he meets horrible creatures who live in complete darkness and solves puzzle to make his way through the ruins of the city. The main character moves across the levels which consist of several screens. Each screen makes you fight mutants and solve various puzzles. Character moves from screen to screen according to various arrows which suggest a non-linear walkthrough.

From author:
First chapter is called "STORM:Neverending night". It will contains 7-10 episodes. At this moment we have names of the first episode:
- first called "Foreword".

At this moment the game is not released yet.

RELEASE FIRST EPISODE! Download: http://www.indiedb.com/games/storm-game/news/stormneverending-night-foreword-download

Anyone with good ideas are welcomed to contact me, I always reply to all questions.

Video:
Old gameplay trailer:

Trailer of the first episode:

Some screenshots:

Thanks for your time.
Sorry for my english Smiley

Contact me:
Site: storm.dmitryhryppa.com
Mail: [email protected]

Kind regards,
Dmitry.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:41:11 AM by dmitryhryppa » Logged

Follow me on Twitter: @posxposy
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

Looks nice, but you should post a bit more if you want some feedback. ex. what exactly are you looking for feedback on?  A video of gameplay or playable demo would help a lot also.
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »

Looks really nice, unique, any chance of a playable demo?
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 02:23:17 AM »

Looks nice, but you should post a bit more if you want some feedback. ex. what exactly are you looking for feedback on?  A video of gameplay or playable demo would help a lot also.
Thanks, I added a little more information. Also, I added an old video of gameplay, maybe it will help understand the nature of the project. I beg your pardon for the video quality. Now I'm working on teaser, soon I will publish it.

Looks really nice, unique, any chance of a playable demo?
Thank you! I will publish a demo, but now it is not yet ready for 100%. I plan to publish it in early September. I try as best I can, that would make it.

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »

Backgrounds are really nice, how did you do them? Doesn't look like 3D, doesn't look like Photoshop either.
However, I think that there's too much bloom on screen and animation and movement needs a lot of work.

posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »

Backgrounds are really nice, how did you do them? Doesn't look like 3D, doesn't look like Photoshop either.
However, I think that there's too much bloom on screen and animation and movement needs a lot of work.

Thank you! Background - this is matte painting and lots of layers.
Much has changed in new build. Animation too Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:07:00 PM by dmitryhryppa » Logged

QuadrupleA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »

Graphics look excellent - triple-A quality.

Watched the video also - that looked great too - one bit of feedback, I'm not sure if the trailer was in slow motion or not, but it looked from the fighting gameplay that there's a fairly long "wind-up" to kicks and punches, that might translate as sluggish controls or lagginess from the player perspective (even thought it's more physically realistic). That might be part of the fighting strategy in this one, if it's timing-based, so that might not be relevant, would have to play it to tell. But if not, maybe speeding up the timing of the animations there would give it some more snappiness/juiciness.

Weapon Hacker - roguelite metroidvania;
Battleship Solitaire - mindless podcast companion
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

Graphics look excellent - triple-A quality.

Watched the video also - that looked great too - one bit of feedback, I'm not sure if the trailer was in slow motion or not, but it looked from the fighting gameplay that there's a fairly long "wind-up" to kicks and punches, that might translate as sluggish controls or lagginess from the player perspective (even thought it's more physically realistic). That might be part of the fighting strategy in this one, if it's timing-based, so that might not be relevant, would have to play it to tell. But if not, maybe speeding up the timing of the animations there would give it some more snappiness/juiciness.

Thank you very much!
Yes, you're right. It was originally planned to focus on realistic strokes, as in life. But this led to a rather "frozen" player moves.
In the final version, the kicks will be accurate, faster and more succulent.
Sorry for my english.

Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »

The graphics are amazing, creative, and unique. The GUI looks really good also. Fighting animation looks good

Keep up the good work , this looks to be a really good, and unique game Smiley

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 04:22:12 AM »

The graphics are amazing, creative, and unique. The GUI looks really good also. Fighting animation looks good

Keep up the good work , this looks to be a really good, and unique game Smiley

Thank you!
I hope the game to get interesting Smiley

posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »

Hi for all!
New trailer of the first episode called "Foreword".
It will be free for all. Soon Smiley

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 04:38:02 PM by dmitryhryppa » Logged

Soundhound
Level 0

Music is my religion.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »

That trailer is awesome, I'm really impressed by the artwork and the music is great! My Word!

Just one criticism, there are two spelling / grammar mistakes I noticed,

1. 'In the rays of the sun... But non of this matters anymore.' (it's spelt none)
2. 'At that night I realized everything... On that night' (It's On not At, it's strange you got this wrong as you put On in the second bit lol)

I will definitely be keeping an eye on your games progress.
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »

That trailer is awesome, I'm really impressed by the artwork and the music is great! My Word!

Just one criticism, there are two spelling / grammar mistakes I noticed,

1. 'In the rays of the sun... But non of this matters anymore.' (it's spelt none)
2. 'At that night I realized everything... On that night' (It's On not At, it's strange you got this wrong as you put On in the second bit lol)

I will definitely be keeping an eye on your games progress.

Thank you very much!
English is not my native language, so it's hard for me Smiley
I was change wrong words.. Now waiting when render will done.. Smiley

Soundhound
Level 0

Music is my religion.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

Oh right no problem, it would be hypocritical for me to criticise your grammar when I can only speak the very basics of a few languages besides English, never mind write in another language. If you want I could proof read the text in your game for you before you release it and send you back a kind of 'English patch'? No charge of course.
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »

Oh right no problem, it would be hypocritical for me to criticise your grammar when I can only speak the very basics of a few languages besides English, never mind write in another language. If you want I could proof read the text in your game for you before you release it and send you back a kind of 'English patch'? No charge of course.

That would be great!
At this moment I create dialogues in the game and I'm not sure they are correct.
If you give me your email (or you can write me on [email protected]), i will send it for you, when i done it Smiley
Of course, I will add special thanks for you in the credits of the game.

Soundhound
Level 0

Music is my religion.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »

Ok that sounds great, I look forward to it Smiley I think my email is publicly on my profile but I'll PM it to you now.
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »

Ok that sounds great, I look forward to it Smiley I think my email is publicly on my profile but I'll PM it to you now.

Thanks!

I upload new version here:

posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »

Hello!
I release the first episode, called "Foreword".! Download: http://www.indiedb.com/games/storm-game/news/stormneverending-night-foreword-download

Soundhound
Level 0

Music is my religion.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:50:21 AM »

I would like to play it, have downloaded it but it says incompatible version of GLSL? Huh?
posxposy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »

You need OpenGL 3, and minimum GLSL 3 version.
You can run PC Info tool in the root folder with the game and look what version installed in your PC.
So, maybe you nedd to update OpenGL drivers...
Hope it will help you.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic