Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:07:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFour Word Game Jam [New Game: Nose and Tail]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Four Word Game Jam [New Game: Nose and Tail]  (Read 468 times)
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:55 AM »

Hey all,

Last week I posted about a game called AMBEX. I said I'd made it in a couple of hours based on some suggestions of words on Twitter. I did it again this weekend and made NOSE AND TAIL, a five-level puzzle platformer in about three hours. The source and art are public domain on GitHub, but you'll need LibGDX and flixel-android to compile it. More on the site itself.

Download here.
Source on Github here.

This time I asked for two careers, a noun and an emotion. They were a little loosely inspired this time but it still works. I had a basic idea (asking for two careers because I wanted to make a game about swapping between characters) but the randomness of the suggested words gave me new ideas (like swapping costumes at particular boxes, which would've been action figure boxes could I actually draw).

I really like the idea of asking for four specific words and then making a game in one sitting (or a short period of time). It's more flexible than a group jam, and the short time periods mean you focus on making anything - which is teaching me a lot, like what code I use the most, what things I've never tried before, and so on.

Instead of creating a thread for every game I make, I'll edit this one and put a new post in. I hope to do more of these in the future. All feedback appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:16:07 AM by FinalSin » Logged

Games By ANGELINA - Games designed by artificial intelligence!
Cut Garnet Games - Games designed by me!
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:16:18 AM »

Updated the post with a non-404'ing link! That always helps.

Games By ANGELINA - Games designed by artificial intelligence!
Cut Garnet Games - Games designed by me!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic