Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 03:22:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905127 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: December 13, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »

King of Dragon Pass is incredible, and I've never seen anything like it.
Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »

Baraduke in MAME.  This game is awesome, you'd like it.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2223 on: December 14, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »

Among other things, playing through Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins.

The Game Boy Pocket was the first gaming system I ever owned, and Mario Land 2 was the second game I ever got for it (following closely after Pokemon), so it's been really surreal playing it again.  Back then, I would play games till I was sick of them, and then keep playing for a while (After a while, I would just replay the first level of the game, as it was the closest to Super Mario Bros, which I had played on an Arcade machine), so I've got a weird mix of positive and negative memories about it.  Overall I'm enjoying it.  It's a really solid platformer with some cool level design.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2224 on: December 14, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »

Revenge of the Sunfish.

This game is all kinds of messed up. It's like Action 52/Warioware meets LSD Dream Emulator. It's so bizarre and bad that... to be honest, it's kind of genius. I feel crazy saying that, but my friends and I watched footage of the game last night and we agreed that is was something that is, in fact, so bad it's brilliant.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 15, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »

Revenge of the Sunfish.

This game is all kinds of messed up. It's like Action 52/Warioware meets LSD Dream Emulator. It's so bizarre and bad that... to be honest, it's kind of genius. I feel crazy saying that, but my friends and I watched footage of the game last night and we agreed that is was something that is, in fact, so bad it's brilliant.

It looks like Yume Nikki if it was a platformer. If they ditched the bad writing it looks like it could be pretty fun to just explore and see all the crazy things there are to see.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2226 on: December 15, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »

Revenge of the Sunfish.

It looks like Yume Nikki if it was a platformer.

That's such a terrible comparison.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 15, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »

i think the "bad writing" is intentional lol. i just watched a playthrough on youtube and thought it kinda tried to hard in some spots (the part where you have to recognize the animal voice is such a tired cliche). yume nikki is a lot more subtle than that (if we're comparing the two).
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2228 on: December 15, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »

I feel like it was intentional.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

I also felt the bad spelling was intentional.

What I meant was, if it tried to stop being random funny with bad spelling, and instead focused on just being a slightly bizarre series of simple platform levels with lots of forks it could appeal to the same kind of person that would play Yume Nikki.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2230 on: December 15, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »

I also felt the bad spelling was intentional.

What I meant was, if it tried to stop being random funny with bad spelling, and instead focused on just being a slightly bizarre series of simple platform levels with lots of forks it could appeal to the same kind of person that would play Yume Nikki.

Not really.  It's lacking the same sense of exploration and item/ability collection.  There's no hub system.  As far as I can tell, Sunfish is entirely linear.

It would also have to completely re-do the art so that it has something remoltely resembling consistency.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 15, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »

What I meant was, if it tried to stop being random funny with bad spelling

It would also have to completely re-do the art so that it has something remoltely resembling consistency.

i think you guys are missing the point a bit. it's supposed to be like one of those terrible game maker gams made by 12 year olds gone horribly wrong. it's taking something you wouldn't expect to take seriously and introducing unexpected "disturbing" elements into the mix. that's what i got out of it at least.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2232 on: December 15, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »

i think you guys are missing the point a bit. it's supposed to be like one of those terrible game maker gams made by 12 year olds gone horribly wrong.

I know that, which is why I said comparing it to Yume Nikki was a terrible comparison.

Also, fake terrible is never as interesting or humerous as genuine terrible.  Just ask Tommy Wiseau. :p
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2233 on: December 15, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

Just ask Tommy Wiseau. :p

The Room is so bad it's good, this is so bad it's brilliant.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 19, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »

Bought a 3DS today along with Mario 3D Land plus I downloaded Crashmo. This is only my second ever piece of Nintendo hardware since the GBC so I had an itch for it.

Mario 3D Land is fun but seemingly kind of short, I hope I don't finish it before I go away over the holiday. Crashmo is fucking hard! I can't spend to long with that game MY BRAIN HURTS (DOCTOR, DOCTOR)!

Anyways, I might just go pick up Ocarina of Time tomorrow already. That game I won't finish any time soon at least. It's just too bad that the 3DS don't have the grandest selection and I don't really see that it will gain more support from either Nintendo or third parties, but of course there is a huge back-catalogue of DS games.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2235 on: December 19, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »

Planetside 2  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2236 on: December 19, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

It's fairly decent. I thought it was going to be a Gears of War rip off, but it really isn't. It's repetitive and I can see plot points coming from a mile away, but it's still a pretty decent game.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: December 19, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »

Dragon Warrior 7 for the PSX.

I'm astonished I never played this before. The central gimmick is that you're on a quest to rebuild the world by collecting stone tablets and reassembling maps of islands. Each time you find enough pieces and how to assemble them, you are sent back in time to an island to go on some mini-adventure to save the inhabitants. When you succeed and return to the present, the island is restored and you can explore it in the peaceful present age before you go on your next adventure.

Although the first two islands seem like they're railroaded, I've already found other tablets that suggest you have some choice on how to progress later on.

I just adore games where you rebuild the world, though, so it's nice to play one with high production values (even if it is dated).

The monster sprites are also gorgeous, since Enix decided not to go for 3-d battle scenes for this game. They all have a handful of attack animations that look positively gorgeous.

The rest is typical Dragon Warrior, with a slightly plodding combat system that involves a lot of menus but offers more tactical depth and character growth options than your typical Final Fantasy title.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2238 on: December 19, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Corrypt, and it's fantastic. One of the best indies of the year.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: December 19, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »

@sirniko, it get remade on 3DS in glorious 3D dq8 glory

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic