Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 11:37:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitions[2012] Bardo [finished. meh.]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [2012] Bardo [finished. meh.]  (Read 3023 times)
anonymous
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »

Download Here

Controls:
Right Click:Move and pick up items
Left Click:Select items in your inventory and place them on the field.  Use your shovel to dig for water sources and dirt[?].

meh.  I need a break.  I'd like to revisit and think a lot more about implementing the building/crafting mechanics and of course the AI.  The only thing you can craft is a plant...

The game design was to be as follows:
Scavenging for objects, having to venture into dangerous territories for specific material,  combining the materials together creating plants and even life, which would grow itself over time, turning the dead land alive again, while implementing protective measures both defensive and offensive against invading Spirits.

A couple of consistent ideas came to me when thinking of a project, which was one scavenging for items such as food, and using your environment as your main way of defending yourself - one by throwing objects at your enemy, two by building walls between you and them.

I wanted the character to sleep when his stamina bar would run out, but to sleep safely he'd have to find or build cover for himself.

So this is not quite what I wanted to do this month, but it was a nice warm up and exercise    I probably will go back and polish some of those ideas.  And create get a proper devlog going.

Here's what you can do so far:

Pick up a few objects: seeds dirtpile.
Dig: To uncover water sources and more dirtpiles.
Mix water/dirt/seed by placing them on top of eachother.
Trap goons behind walls.

Link to download and controls in the first post.
Thank you for playing I know it's not much!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:41:22 PM by Keo » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »

Dang, I was looking forward to this one too...

hi
anonymous
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:59:41 AM »

Gave this a new thought - installed windows - game maker - graphics gale - have the ball finally rolling.  Late start but hopefully will have something to show.

You're a spirit tasked with rebuilding earth from the debris that's been scattered across the land. Think Zelda Think Minecraft Think Dark Cloud wedlock with Survival Kids and birthed a rougelike.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:03:58 AM by Keo » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »

Thinking and liking.

hi
anonymous
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:38 AM »

Shrug meh.  I need a break.  I'd like to revisit and think a lot more about implementing the building/crafting mechanics and of course the AI.  The only thing you can craft is a plant...

The game design was to be as follows:
Scavenging for objects, having to venture into dangerous territories for specific material,  combining the materials together creating plants and even life, which would grow itself over time, turning the dead land alive again, while implementing protective measures both defensive and offensive against invading Spirits.

A couple of consistent ideas came to me when thinking of a project, which was one scavenging for items such as food, and using your environment as your main way of defending yourself - one by throwing objects at your enemy, two by building walls between you and them.

I wanted the character to sleep when his stamina bar would run out, but to sleep safely he'd have to find or build cover for himself.

So this is not quite what I wanted to do this month, but it was a nice warm up and exercise  Smiley  I probably will go back and polish some of those ideas.  And create get a proper devlog going.

Here's what you can do so far:

Pick up a few objects: seeds dirtpile.
Dig: To uncover water sources and more dirtpiles.
Mix water/dirt/seed by placing them on top of eachother.
Trap goons behind walls.

Link to download and controls in the first post.
Thank you for playing I know it's not much!
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »

The current version isn't working on my machine, is there a possibility you can reupload/recompile in case it got corrupted during upload or something?

hi
keo
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46434785/2014.exe
This should work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic