Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 08:44:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (working title)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (working title)  (Read 51587 times)
Logbomb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

I am sure we are all eager to see some more artwork for the upcoming game. Is there anything more you can show us at this point?
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 04:11:44 AM »

I am sure we are all eager to see some more artwork for the upcoming game. Is there anything more you can show us at this point?

well, I hope soon enough. It's still very early in the process and we're still to figure the best way to properly showcase what we've done so far... but be sure we'll post it on this thread as soon as possible Smiley

can't wait to show it though, and to show the animations as well. I'm trying my best to have something traditionnaly animated, think Aladdin genesis, Mickey Mania and so on.
Logbomb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 04:48:02 AM »

Great sounds awesome Ben, and I am certainly looking forward to seeing the animations in action  Grin
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Are you guys planning on sticking with similar res pixel art or going high res painted stuff like Monster Boy?

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »

We are going high-resolution but the style is going to look different from Monster Boy style, more like a comic book.
You can check from of Ben's work at http://www.benfiquet.com/

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »

Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the SMS was one of my favorite games as a kid. I enjoyed The Dragon's Trap quite a bit too. I totally dig what you're doing here, and am super curious to see where you take it.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 08:25:15 PM »

hi!

DragonsTrap
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »

I shared your list with a facebook page I set up for this game, a lot of people are already excited about what you plan to do Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/DragonsTrap/

Good luck with your plan, I'd be really interested to see your disassembly notes.

For some weird reason, I've always thought of the smoking pig as being called Clyde - like Pacman's orange ghost.
chrisDeneos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 02:37:36 AM »

Hello Omar !

Nice to see you here. Good luck with your project Smiley

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 04:10:37 AM »

you are a human god but im pretty sure the wonder boy license is all tangled and fucked up. not playing wonder boy 3 is a large reason why so many of the people on this web site are subhuman and rotten to the core.
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 05:13:29 AM »

For some weird reason, I've always thought of the smoking pig as being called Clyde - like Pacman's orange ghost.

hehe, that's a cool name .... let's call him Clyde then Wink
DeadToast
Level 0

DeadToast Entertainment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »

Gooo Omar! Smiley
This project is looking ever so stunning. And it's good to know it's in very capable and passionate hands... Smiley

I have many fond memories of the original game and totally approve of the style of this version.

Hurrah!

Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »

Hello all and I'm sorry I haven't communicated much on this.
The good news is that the reason I haven't posted here is that we've been busy working on this very steadily since October. In fact, the project is coming along SO WELL that we are overwhelmed with the amount of things we could post! (I know, it is a ridiculous excuse.. but working on the game gets addictive Smiley. Right now we are trying to make a video to show off the game because things are looking so much nicer in motion!

In the meanwhile here is a sketch of the mouse-man character draw by Ben ("fikey" here). We're trying to stay close to the size of the original to make the movement and action feel right.

Logbomb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »

Woohoo finally some news  Smiley

I like the style of the mouse-man sketch and am looking forward to seeing the video! So hurry up Bock and Fikey and give us something in motion to look at Well, hello there! 
Omar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »

We are working on it right now!

We've got a nice animation set for Mouse-Man (original typically have 3-4 frames per character, we may have 50/100+ hand drawn frames)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:15:03 PM by Omar » Logged

Logbomb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »

Any news?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »

Any news?
yeah http://www.thedragonstrap.com/
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 07:30:50 AM »

Yes  Smiley
sorry for being so quiet during this past few months ... We've been hard at work with the game and also with all the business sides which took a considerable time.

but here we are, finally unveiling our dream project in 48h ... hope you'll like it

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:02:20 AM by fikey » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »

it is unbelievable to me that somebody actually managed to untangle this license and all it took was someone with a lifetime of dedication to this game in molecular detail. this was the best game of its generation and it's politically illegal that so many bozos who each make innumerable cave storys have not played it. Good Luck
EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

Wow. When I made the suggestion way back then I didn't anticipate you pulling it off. It was more of a, "wouldn't it be nice?" I'll definitely be getting this! I loved your emulator too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic