Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 09:20:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 53316 times)
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »

Trilby - Defoe Manor

heeeeeeeeeell yeah Cool

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2012, 06:58:01 PM »

Easy mode and Easier Normal mode

The last thing I want is for people to be frustrated with the game's AI. Normal mode now makes the AI more passive as far as attacking, in easy the AI will be passive and not dodge, it will still block though.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

Been work'in here and there, I think I should finish the top row of characters first.

With Trilby I had trouble coming up with his melee attacks, he's not much of a fighter (which he says lots in his games) so I guess I'll give him some charismatic brolly swinging melee attacks...

With Naija it kinda the same story, but I'm thinking I'll give her some dance fighting moves or something.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2012, 06:03:18 AM »

Naija looks neat.

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
aceaces
Level 0

It's the chicken of doooooom!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »

Looks nice! Might play it some tonight if i can. And in the Character roster i can only identify one of em (quote). Anyway gona play it and see if i can add any thing to the pool of ideas.                                 -Ace 
aceaces
Level 0

It's the chicken of doooooom!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »

Looks nice! Might play it some tonight if i can. And in the Character roster i can only identify one of em (quote). Anyway gona play it and see if i can add any thing to the pool of ideas.                                 -Ace 
Never mind i cant play it so yah but it dose look good!
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »

All positive comments are much appreciated ! Negative comments are fine also, I wouldn't have gotten better at spriting, coding, and music design without them.

I made some of Naija's melée attacks, she stays in her energy form most of the time, because it's her main fighting form through most of the original game, energy form also allows her to do fire punches, which I find neat.

I'm still trying to figure out a good design for Defoe Manor (tribly stage) I don't want to rip off luigi's mansion.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: July 04, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »

Maybe you could have it switch between a light world and dark world, like in Trilby's Notes.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »

Maybe you could have it switch between a light world and dark world, like in Trilby's Notes.

I could just change to Clanbrownwyn Hotel, Trilby's notes is the best game in the series in my opinion.
Nah... The Hotel is a bit boring... I'll try Defoe Manor with the light and dark .

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2012, 04:30:19 AM »

Including the basement could be cool. And maybe the shed outside?

(If you haven't already. Just things that would be different from luigi's mansion.)
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »

Heya! Looking nice alround, but what is the font you're using? It seems kinda familiar?
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

@Storsorgen

the main font is terminal with a gradient and outline.
I wanted a really "classic fighting game-ish" font, classic arcade like.

Defoe Manor design

I've made the stage, just need to add the tiles using this picture as a base.

Sadly couldn't add the kitchen, tv room, trophy room, and the basement (basement would have spoiled the game anyways).

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:38:05 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

Glad the bathroom got in. It's also kinda iconic.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »

Trilby's Stage : Defoe Manor

Its pretty much done, again, as done as it needs to be. I really like the trilby games, being more of an adventure game type of person. '5 days a stranger' isn't the best of the trilby games, but it did start it all.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2012, 05:40:33 PM »

here's a vid of the Trilby stage:

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »

Before I work on any more characters, I've decided to work on the ones Ive called "finished".
Barkley, Dishwasher, and Xoda feel the most solid. I think Quote is lacking in the melée department, Iji doesn't feel coordinated enough, and Seikleja needs a third strike in his combo.

Support characters

there are a lot of things Ive wanted to add into the game that I couldn't add because I don't want to spend too much time on fan games. If I included 1 support character per game (1 cave story support, 1 frayed knights, etc..,) it shouldn't take me much time to sprite and code.

Just a simple item that creates a random support character. Like brawl.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »

I drew Balrog, and Uboa, they will be support characters, Using an item called a "Memory Crystal", which creates support characters.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »

Dat Uboa, dat Madotsuki. Shouldn't Balrog be a bit more... square-ish or something?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »

Dat Uboa, dat Madotsuki. Shouldn't Balrog be a bit more... square-ish or something?

He's a bit round on his edges, its a small detail.

-------

I've come of with all of the support characters ,and what they do.

Balrog - Jumps up, goes down. *snorlax pretty much*

Benjamin (Frayed Knights) - Casts: Evil Flowers, Writh Roots, or Heals the user.

Hoops Barkley (Barkley Shut-up and jam Gaiden) - Does 'Bullet Dance' which fires gunfire in all directions.

Rilo (Noitu Love 2) - Flys around the target, stabs them with the blade on her gun, or fires a rocket every so often.

The Prince (Trilby's notes) - chooses a random target, teleports, and attacks them with his staff. Can also target user.

Charlotte (The Spirit Engine 2) - Uses 'lucky shot' which hits all players (aside from user) in a sequence.

Li (Aquaria) - Throws a Blue ball of energy, or just stands there and eats ice cream.

Griffin (Telepath RPG) - Does a sword Combo, then uses 'Backhander', Knocks target backwards.

Green Monster  (Runman Race around the world) - chomps target, creating heavy knock back.

Asha (Iji) - teleports rapidly , then use a laser attack and spins in a 360 degree angle.

Chef (Dishwasher : Dead Samurai) - Does an extended version of Dishwasher's smash attack.

Naine (Seiklus) - Creates a meteor, similar to one created by Seikleja's hyper, or heals user by 60.

Uboa (Yume Nikki) - turns target into Uboa for short time, If user attacks target while they look like Uboa, the user will lose health also. (I'll make this a rare support character)

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »

Yo, nice job with the RunMan stage. Looking forward to seeing how he plays!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic