Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 04:26:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81320 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2011, 04:17:34 AM »

I did, more or less.   Wink

Speaking of Cave, there's a Deathsmiles port as well as a multiplayer update for Bug Panic coming out this spring.
anosou
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:41 AM »

I did, more or less.   Wink

Speaking of Cave, there's a Deathsmiles port as well as a multiplayer update for Bug Panic coming out this spring.

Can't possibly be bad. Lovely loveliness!
Chris Pavia
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »

Tiny Wings has me enthralled lately. I'm a sucker for anything with procedurally generated content.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »

Daily procedural content.
The first word is key.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »

Tiny Wings has me enthralled lately. I'm a sucker for anything with procedurally generated content.

Just tried it out - it's fun. Glad they zoom out the camera -- my main issue with Wavespark was inability to predict future slopes when high in the air (a map showing what's coming up would have worked fine too).
Had a bit of trouble playing like Wavespark (where you hug the ground tight b/c you can't predict very well). Different gravity physics I guess. I'll have to try it again before deciding to buy or not.

destiny is truth pre-op
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »

Retro Flight seems pretty cool.
I was worried about the controls at first but... They seem pretty good actually.

I only just finished the tutorial, now to see if it's actually any fun!  Durr...?
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »

Co-worker's asking me about "Oldschool party & turn-based RPG for iPhone".
Suggestions?

destiny is truth pre-op
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »

Final fantasy is on the app store, isn't it?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »

Chaos Rings is pretty shweet.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »

I think what frustrates me most from apps on the store are apps which simply use a virtual dpad. That shit is annoying and stupid and shows a lack of interest in redesigning a game around the concept of a touchpad. This is why I like the Cave ports: DFK and ESP2 (haven't played Mushihime port yet) have specific, iPhone designed modes that take advantage of the touchscreen in extra ways, and the arcade ports simply use the touchscreen for moving around. A++.

If it hasn't already been suggested (and if it has, second vote), Infinity Blade is super great.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »

Daily procedural content.
The first word is key.

Helsing's fire puzzles are cool. You get more points the less people have solved them.

destiny is truth pre-op
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »

Tiny Wings is a fun time waster and one of the best "one button" games on the Appstore. I have to say I didn't find the "procedural" stuff overly impressive though. It's a simple random level generator that suits the purpose of the game, being an "endless" highscore run and all. The color schemes changing every day is a neat gimmick but I sort of fail to see what the big deal is.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »

I think what frustrates me most from apps on the store are apps which simply use a virtual dpad. That shit is annoying and stupid and shows a lack of interest in redesigning a game around the concept of a touchpad. This is why I like the Cave ports: DFK and ESP2 (haven't played Mushihime port yet) have specific, iPhone designed modes that take advantage of the touchscreen in extra ways, and the arcade ports simply use the touchscreen for moving around. A++.
Yup, virtual d-pads suck and the Cave ports are excellent.

Mushihime Bug Panic isn't a port though, it's an original game in the style of Appstore "dual stick" shooters like Minigore and iDracula. Suffice to say it's above and beyond most of the other entries in this genre and just like Cave's ports, plays excellently on the iPhone.

I think I already posted this here, but a multiplayer update for Bug Panic and a Deathsmiles port are coming out "this spring", according to Cave. I suspect April.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »

I didn't mean to sound like I was saying the procedural generation itself was something special. I just think they use it very well as a retention device. I am happy to log in once a day because I know the terrain will be different each time. If it wasn't, I would have memorized enough of the islands to be getting bored by now.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »

Here's awesome stuff I'm playing right now:

Yes, I've fallen for the terrible Angry Birds fad...but it's fun stuff to distract the mind in the bus.
Missing are Real Racing 2 and Zen Bound 2, excellent as well.

In the folders, other awesome stuff that I completed/am not playing atm:

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:51 AM »

What is "the incident"

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »

physics platformer with awesome pixel art where random shit falls from the sky and you have to avoid it and climb upward

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2011, 06:51:57 AM »

Spider is excellent! Met their lead dev in Austin at GDC a few years ago, cool person.

destiny is truth pre-op
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »

I don't really know about ChuChu Rocket!, but I've heard it's pretty popular and the iOS version is free today!

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »

ChuChu Rocket! is one of the top ten best puzzle games ever made.
No hyperbole.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic