Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:00:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 122239 times)
Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

Assassin Blue
Smiley

He should probably just run across the stage a bit and slash around.  Or maybe have him stand still, and if he's hit by anything (projectile, item, melee) he teleports to the guy that hit him and does his "counter" slash (where he starts in front of the character, then teleports through them and a quick slash animation goes over the target) for heavy damage.  He doesn't really have many fancy moves aside from that.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

I'd rather not give him a counter move. The other support characters are unaffected by attacks, and it's better to keep things consistent.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

he could counterattack anyone who attacks the person who threw the tigbox (but he would stay for a very brief period)

Lo
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »

I have some more suggestions of mine.

Black and White (Black and White)
 In my concept for this game, these little guys do not move in opposite directions; they just follow you around, and attack, whenever you attack.
Link to the game: http://flashpunk.net/?p=games&n=23

Nuclear Baby (Nuclear Baby)

A character that briefly shoots rapid-fire projectiles.
Link to the game: http://flashpunk.net/?p=games&n=9

Tee (Teeworlds)
 One of the little guys from Teeworlds. For a brief amount of time, he moves around and shoots devastating projectiles, using his rocket launcher.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

Those sound like fine ideas, but I haven't played any of those games. Could you describe those attacks in greater detail?

Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »

That looks like some fantastic stuff. I'm not sure how iconic it is, but I think maybe you're right about representing homebrewers at least partially.

The bee could bounce the ball up about three times and then knock it down diagonally through the stage, giving those hit by it light/medium damage and some knockback.
I chose that particular game because they're aren't a lot of 2600 homebrews with easily discernible characters. And I thought the diagonal direction and reusable projectile would be interesting.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »

Those sound like fine ideas, but I haven't played any of those games. Could you describe those attacks in greater detail?

Sure! You see, Black and White follow you around, when you move, and they attack, at the same time you attack.
 Nuclear Baby simply moves around, and shoots with his rapid-fire gun.
 As for the Tee, he chases after the opponents, and he uses his rocket launcher to deal heavy damage, on the opponents.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »

Actually is more like a grenade launcher, but as a Teeworlds player I like your idea Hand Thumbs Up Left

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2010, 02:52:14 PM »

BeholdThyPecs, you're going to need to be more specific. There's no possible way I could add those support characters with such vague descriptions.

Take Black and White for example. You say they follow you around. How? Do the float a certain number of pixels behind you? Do they slowly float towards you? Do they follow you by running and jumping along platforms? Then you just say, "they attack". How do they attack? Is it a projectile? Do they deliver a punch? Do they duplicate your attack?

BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »

BeholdThyPecs, you're going to need to be more specific. There's no possible way I could add those support characters with such vague descriptions.

Take Black and White for example. You say they follow you around. How? Do the float a certain number of pixels behind you? Do they slowly float towards you? Do they follow you by running and jumping along platforms? Then you just say, "they attack". How do they attack? Is it a projectile? Do they deliver a punch? Do they duplicate your attack?

Well, I'll try to be more specific; Black and White deal melee attacks, on the same time you attack, and they follow you around.
 Nuclear Baby simply runs around and shoots the opponents with his rapid-firing gun.
 As for the Tee, he runs around and shoots opponents, like Nuclear Baby, though instead of rapid-firing damage, he deals stronger, but slower projectile attacks from his rocket launcher that isn't exactly "rapid-firing".
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »

Look, you still being a bit "not specific" about how "Black and White" follow you arround or how does the grenade launcher of the "Tee" works, and since Soulliard haven't played any of these games he won't understand. I can help with the "Tee" since it's the only game i've played from the ones you mentioned: He basically moves arround doing little hops like a crazy while he fires his grenade launcher with an interval of 3-4 seconds after each grenade. The grenades work like...well, grenades, so they basically go up and then down with a curve. They got mid range and they explode at any contact (floor, Karoshi, players, attacks, etc), and of course they're unblockable. And about "Black and White" i guess they walk/run and jump to follow you, and one of them stay on each side of you to attack (say, one guarding your back and one guarding your front). This sounds like awesome ideas, so try to be more specific next time ok Wink ?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »

Now that's the kind of description I can use! Tee sounds like a good addition to me.

BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »

I have a suggestion of my own.

Pappy (Gigadeep)
 A character who quickly dashes and attacks with his saber at the same time; much like that of Zero from the "Mega Man X" franchise.
JoeInky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

If you guys still think it's ok for him to be in the game, I didn't realise how long it had been since I asked about it:

I also think viridian would look better like this: , but that's just me.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »

i prefer that one too

do we have any idea what viridian will do?
i can't imagine flipping the map working for all players.

maybe grabbing a player that the box hits then flipping and unflipping to do some kind of piledriver....?

doesn't seem to fit
Veo
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »

I like the Aggroll JoeInky.

I made some changes to Captain Viridian.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:54:37 PM by Veo » Logged

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »

Good sprites. Aggroll will be a good addition.

JoeInky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

How about:

Spewer from Spewer
(his name might not be spewer but w/e)
When he appears he could spew in a certain direction for about 5 seconds, causing knockback but no damage, similar to mario's FLUDD move (don't know if this kind of knockback is possible with the engine, but it's just a suggestion)

Knowing my ideas it's probably already been suggested but eh.
Going to try to make some more animations for the support characters that don't have any yet too.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »

There's already a Spewer sprite in the first post, but no one has suggested an attack for him yet. Your suggestion sounds good to me.

JoeInky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2010, 02:35:40 PM »

There's already a Spewer sprite in the first post, but no one has suggested an attack for him yet. Your suggestion sounds good to me.

Heh, I thought that might have been him, but wasn't 100% sure.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic