Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:34:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 121639 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »

Looks great!

To change your avatar, click profile at the top, then click Forum Profile Information on the left.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: March 24, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »

Yeah, that looks pretty good. My only criticism is he could use a little detail in his arms (such as hands).

Password
Level 0

Troy and Abed in the Morning~

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »

Yeah, that looks pretty good. My only criticism is he could use a little detail in his arms (such as hands).
Again, not trying to be lazy, but in the gameplay and cutscenes, his arms are little stubs like the ones I drew.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2011, 05:13:42 AM »

Yes, but here we're working from the art style all the characters are drawn in. Unfortunately, that means Super Meat Hands.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

I'm baaaaack! Sorry I haven't been contributing for a long while, but now that it is summer I'll be able to contribute...in moderation. I have to get ready to apply to colleges and stuff. I'll be sure to do some pixel work and finish up sprites that I did not finish (i.e. Asha).

Anyway, has anybody suggested a Creeper as a support? I can imagine them following the nearest foe (other than that who summoned him)and exploding when he gets too near. He could also jump a little bit too and give his trademark "-sssssss" sound. He also wouldn't be unfair because it would probably be easy to lead him off a cliff, yet still cause a panic among players when he is summoned. I'm willing to do the sprite work for him as well.

Edit: Oops. Didn't look at the list before writing this. I'll get to work on the sprite ASAP.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »

Welcome back. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to work on Indie Brawl at the moment, so I'm hoping I can find someone else who would be interested in taking over the programming. Until that happens, progress is going to be slow, I'm afraid.

thewojnartist
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »

i really like the shading, it gives it that cubey look that it needs but still fits in with the indie brawl style.
Not sure about the toes though, they make him look a little unstable, no pun intended Smiley

i also tried to make the face match the creeper a little better, although i figure yours differs to try and make it fit in with the indie brawl characters.

I considered making him patchy too but i couldn't easily find a way to do this that i was happy with, creepers are too low-res to really mimic the style of his colour
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: June 23, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »

Creepy looking creeper. The shading really turned out well, mixing the blocky graphics of Minecraft with Indie Brawl's smoother style.

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 24, 2011, 12:58:53 AM »

I keep putting off animating the walk for this because I really love the way creepers' feet gallop while the body and head just glide along, but I'm afraid that it will look just lazy if I make the walk that way.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 24, 2011, 08:17:56 AM »

I have a couple of more suggestions; the characters came from highly recommended games.

Wheelchair Guy (Happy Wheels)
 A man in a wheelchair who recklessly runs over the opponent(s), while rolling on his wheelchair.

Eggplant Head (Houkai Mura)
 An arsenal user who runs, jumps, and uses a random weapon from his arsenal (from the game) to attack the opponent(s). (I don't know if Eggplant Head is his actual name, but I'll call him that, since I don't. But I DO know that he's the playable character from that game.)
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: June 24, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »

I keep putting off animating the walk for this because I really love the way creepers' feet gallop while the body and head just glide along, but I'm afraid that it will look just lazy if I make the walk that way.
If it's true to the source material, I'm sure it will be fine. Everyone's played Minecraft, so they'll understand.

Both of the above suggestions for support characters sound fine to me. I'd just give Eggplant Head a single weapon, though, to save on the amount of work required.

thewojnartist
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: June 24, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »

Flip Hero

Edit:

Edit:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:12:21 AM by Goodbye » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: June 26, 2011, 05:13:50 PM »

Those are all very good. I was thinking of just using Flip Hero's recognizable 8bit silhouette, but that sprite is beautiful.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2011, 08:18:58 AM »

God I love those sprites. Josef looks kinda dumb :x

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »

machinarium guy & flip hero = <3<3<3

BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »

Here are a couple of more suggestions.

Princess Pitch (Hyper Princess Pitch)
 Rapidly launches explosive bricks from her bazooka.

Catstrike (Hyper Princess Pitch)
 Causes an airstrike explosion, dealing massive damage to the opponents.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »

We literally were just talking about Princess Pitch in the Meta topic, and I personally feel that she should not be relegated to the brick cannon, but should maybe also perform a suplex or two. If possible.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 06, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »

We literally were just talking about Princess Pitch in the Meta topic, and I personally feel that she should not be relegated to the brick cannon, but should maybe also perform a suplex or two. If possible.

Ah, I understand.
BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 26, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »

I have yet another suggestion!

Pink Knight (Castle Crashers)
 Summons a double rainbow to deal damage towards the opponents.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic