Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:47:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Meta
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Meta  (Read 72942 times)
nothingxs
Level 0

iji, god damnit.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2010, 04:09:23 PM »

The uses it has are enough. I actually end up using it a lot when I'm playing, so that's that. Seriously, let it go.

You realize I'm allowed to disagree with you, right? I don't have to "let it go," and it's not like I'm making a huge fuss or campaign about it. I'm discussing the thing. Thank you.

If you want it to be less powerful... Just make it so if you use it in the air, it has to wait until you hit the ground before it can do anything.

It already does this, but it makes down-special in the air a waste of a move because it doesn't fire immediately upon landing. If I could use jumping to cancel start up then it'd be more interesting. At the end of the day she could just have a different down-special if she's in the air.

- n o t h i n g x s -
nothingxs
Level 0

iji, god damnit.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2010, 04:30:59 PM »

Before I forget: Naija has something almost like an infinite. It's probably nigh impossible to avoid if it isn't an infinite though. It's pretty much down+Attack (Sweep) xN (where N is all of your life), up+attack. Or just attack.

- n o t h i n g x s -
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2010, 05:04:04 PM »

That's not an infinite. In fact, it's very easy to dodge. Just double-jump.

nothingxs
Level 0

iji, god damnit.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »

Funny, we had a situation where you weren't able to while I was testing it out over here. I might Fraps video of it.

- n o t h i n g x s -
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2010, 07:17:57 AM »

Funny, we had a situation where you weren't able to while I was testing it out over here. I might Fraps video of it.

Weren't able, or weren't capable?

I don't mean it to be as rude as it comes across but, just because you or your friends can't pull it off, doesn't prove it to be impossible...  Undecided

EDIT: On second thought, maybe that's not the most important point. If, for example, 50% of players weren't able to break such a simple "combo" wouldn't that, possibly, suggest that it's a way for 50% of the players to win without any effort or ability?

Bleurgh... I should really try to figure out my opinion before hitting reply, I think  Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:22:27 AM by Widget » Logged
shig
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2010, 09:28:31 AM »

I bet you had already spent your second jump before bing caught in the infinite. Wich would make it really an infinite.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »

Being hit with any attack that causes hitstun recharges your double-jump.

nothingxs
Level 0

iji, god damnit.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

It may be specific to the matchup? Looks like Naija can do it to Iji somewhat indefinitely? I should record this. Naija can't do it to another Naija because you can literally mash a move the spin-bubble move in the interim.

You can still definitely combo sweep into A, which is just fine because it's a nifty little way to do damage.

- n o t h i n g x s -
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

I don't want to sound negative, and i certainly don't want to make anyone feel guilty for submitting ideas but...

Can we focus on actually producing sprites rather than suggesting every single indie game character and every single level idea in history? Every person and their mother is submitting ideas but no one has any drive to apply their ideas. We should focus on spriting the ideas we have already rather than trying to cram every indie game in the world into Indie Brawl.

Sorry if I'm coming off as insensitive but so little is actually getting done, especially since Ardent Sideburns left.
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »

I don't think most of the people making suggestions left and right really have any applicable skills. It's not like there's a huge pool of misdirected energy waiting to be harnessed. Forbidding people to make excessive suggestions won't speed up the project any.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

It got me to make a sprite. (Okay, it just reminded me to make a sprite that I probably would have done sooner or later, but still)
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »

I am terribly overworked at school, but I will be able to get some real work done on this over the summer. I hope I'm not holding everything up.  Shrug

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

dunno if this is the right thread to post but i think that even if the permission is pending (i think) a Banana Nababa stage would be cool. i think the stage 5 is the most cool and suitable for the game. what do you think guys?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2010, 03:27:43 AM »

Pretty sure we have permission from Lazreal. A stage would be good, but remember anything past the second or so level won't be recognized by all since it is such a difficult game. The first level is probably the most iconic.

And you don't want to make the focus too much on the boss, since the point of the game is to fight each other, not avoid getting damaged by the level.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »

We don't have permission from Lazrael yet.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

Pretty sure we have permission from Lazreal. A stage would be good, but remember anything past the second or so level won't be recognized by all since it is such a difficult game. The first level is probably the most iconic.

And you don't want to make the focus too much on the boss, since the point of the game is to fight each other, not avoid getting damaged by the level.
lol. i started the game yesterday and played it for... 30 minutes i think. the point is that i'm on the last boss and i'm not so good with that kind of games (i suck at IWBTG). also the stage 1 is really lame, that's why i suggested the stage 5 cuz it has those walls that shoot you lasers and trow fireballs and stuff. it's the coolest for me but it's pretty sad that we don't have permission from lazrael yet Epileptic

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »

We don't have permission from Lazrael yet.
That really surprises me! Did you just not get a reply? I could try hitting him up if you haven't.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »

\
Since brown seems to be the signature color of Indie Brawl, thought I should adjust the colors.

Only problem is that I lost the program I used to edit pictures with, so now I'm using MS Paint. There goes transparency.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »

That really surprises me! Did you just not get a reply? I could try hitting him up if you haven't.
Actually, I don't think anyone ever got around to asking him.  Durr...?

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

shot him a pm over at poppenkast
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:58:06 PM by JMickle » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic