Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:03:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Meta
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Meta  (Read 72575 times)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2010, 02:45:55 AM »

HINT: don't play as liero against nikujin, xoda and other melee characters. you'r screwed if you do that.
That's what the Fan is for.
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2010, 09:37:02 AM »

I disagree. Most people have found and continue to find that Liero is very good against everyone except for maybe Xoda.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »

Thanks to Flamer and Fan (especially Fan) Liero can hold his own in a melee. Some matchups are better than others, but Xoda is the only one that really gives him trouble.

Zelonod the evil pudding
Level 0

I'm tasty evil pudding

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »

nikujins spear attack (>S) starts to soon after pressin >S. there must be some more delay before the attack begins. or the attack must be weaker because its a very strong attack.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:49:11 AM by Zelonod the evil pudding » Logged

I like pudding.
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »

Maybe it's just because it's summer, but it doesn't seem like much is being done.

Have there been any significant changes since the last update, Soulliard?
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »

nikujins spear attack (>S) starts to soon after pressin >S. there must be some more delay before the attack begins. or the attack must be weaker because its a very strong attack.
hell yeah! i've been saying that since the ninja was finished. is good to know i'm not the only one who thinks that  Smiley
Maybe it's just because it's summer, but it doesn't seem like much is being done.

i'm still waiting for that weekend release version with playability tweaks  Outraged

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

This is largely my fault. I've been spending most of my free time on the AGBIC competition.[/quote] I'll get back to updating Indie Brawl after the end of July.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »

Drew some of the characters during school and scanned them. I'm going to go over them in photoshop and color them later.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »

I don't like the drawings that much. They remind me of some kind of Backyard Baseball style of IB , and the Golden Knight just doesn't look right somehow. It doesn't make me think Bonesaw. Also Turner's feet look strange.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »

I think they look pretty nice. But you're correct that they're not in the style of Indie Brawl. It's still a cool style, though.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »

Golden Knight-
Golden Knight's problem is that he is way too skinny. I actually was drawing a different character and it sort of morphed into Golden Knight halfway through so I just went with it.

Turner-
I don't know how to draw rabbit feet, I don't have a very good idea of what they look like to be honest. I'm not a big animal guy.

Iji-
This is just me, but the gun is too big.

thanks for the constructive criticism
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2010, 07:49:06 PM »

Turner looks more like a frequent patron of Whole Foods than a kickass anthropomorphic rabbit. But cool drawings nonetheless.

Also, what's up with the lines underneath Iji's eyes?
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »

So, as far as characters pushing each other goes, which would you prefer?
1) Characters can't move past each other, and can only push each other slowly along.
2) Characters push each other a bit as they move past, but they can still move through each other.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »

option 2 ftw  Smiley

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »

1 definitely. I think characters moving through each other is one of the major problems of IB, ATM (hard to hit people, certain moves sucking, etc. etc.), and I don't think any part of it should remain.
ink.inc
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »

Number One.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »

I compromised a bit. Characters normally can't move through each other, unless they're both running past each other.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »

I don't think going through each other is a problem, just being in each other. When characters are in each other, they're attacks will miss and hit past the other side of the person. Option 2 should work fine, because if they push each other out, they will be far enough away to attack each other, and that is really the only problem with the current system.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

I've got another question. Currently, character hitboxes are simple rectangles that never change size or shape. I'd like to change that. As far as platforming goes, their hitboxes would still be rectangles, but more accurate hitboxes would be used to determine if an attack hits.

Which would you prefer?
1) Character hitboxes remain rectangles, just like they are now.
2) Character hitboxes reflect the current animation (discounting things like hats, hair, swords and attack trails).
3) As option 2, but when characters extend themselves to attack (like with a punch or kick), the extended body part does not count as part of the hitbox.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »

numbah 3. better choice  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic