Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:29:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRogueship - classic iPhone sci-fi trading sim
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rogueship - classic iPhone sci-fi trading sim  (Read 1494 times)
travisdunn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

Hi there,

I'm happy to announce the release of Rogueship, a retro-gaming sci-fi trading sim available in the App Store as of today.

iTunes Link:
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rogueship/id324321518?mt=8

If anyone is interested in reviewing the game or ad hoc testing future updates, don't hesitate to get in touch, either by PM or emailing [email protected]. Thanks! I'd be happy to hear any feedback, be it good or bad. We're just a two-man team, and hope you enjoy our homage to classic sci fi gaming.

R O G U E S H I P

DESCRIPTION:

“Per aspera ad astra”. That’s what the contract read, and it was the truest lie you ever signed your name to.

Hoping to make your fortune through interstellar trade and adventure, you became a free agent of the Hansa Star Guild in exchange for a small starship and some big debts. Now you must master the tradeways of frontier space and make a name for yourself at any cost...

Rogueship is a space trading simulation set in a sci-fi universe where you play an upstart starship captain running galactic commodities between planets, fighting pirates, alien hostiles, and staying one step ahead of guild regulators. Invest in ship upgrades, risk everything by smuggling precious contraband, buy low, sell high, and struggle to survive in the chaotic age of space.

SCREENSHOTS: (click for full size)

FEATURES:

+ Single-player, turn-based 2D interface

+ Randomly generated maps and encounters

+ Simple, addictive trade management

+ Balanced risk- and planning-based gameplay

+ 10-15 minute long games

+ 9 planets, 9 commodities, and 16 encounter types

+ Online leaderboard

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW:

Rogueship is the perfect coffee-break game, combining core strategy with a simple interface and evocative futuristic universe. Easy to pickup and play, the game is designed for short bursts of devious starfaring where you live or die based on your ability to manage calculated risk. It’s a throwback to a time where games were played at a higher level of abstraction, where strategy was more important than tactics.

Randomly generated galaxy maps, randomized encounters, and the erratic pulse of the commodities market make every game of Rogueship a fresh challenge. Highly replayable and capricious, you will experience the rush of victory or the grasping pain of death in the Rogueship universe as a new story each time you play.

Unlike sprawling space epics that try to do a little of everything, Rogueship concentrates on the struggle of interstellar commodities trading. This makes Rogueship ideal for anyone seeking a short, replayable strategy sim. With a simple interface that’s natural to the iPhone, you’ll exploit planetary needs while timing your trades to the fluctuating galactic market, and stay ahead of game events bringing unexpected downturns and windfalls.

For the criminally enterprising, the black market offers contraband trading and tempting rewards to smugglers in it for either a quick profit or a prosperous career. The crushing arm of the law, however, waits to strike in the form of Guild Regulators, relentless enforcers working for the galactic trade cartels.

Yet many other dangers await the rising star-trader. Space pirates ply the tradeways seeking rich cargo loads to pillage, but if you defeat them in battle you can claim a bounty from the guilds. Intruders are alien life forms lurking in the uncharted reaches of space. They feed on Astra and will attack passing spacecraft, but if you can defeat them you’ll find valuable xenotech to sell.

CONTACT AND SUPPORT:

You can read more on the Rogeuship website at www.rogueship.net, where you’ll find developer diaries, release notes, game aids, news, and more.

Rougeship is being actively supported with continued development. A number of minor and major upgrades are already in the works for 2010. Buy it now before the price catches up.

If you have any feedback, gameplay questions, or features requests don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected].

Leaderboard: www.rogueship.net/leaderboard
Release Notes: www.rogueship.net/release-notes
Blog: www.rogueship.net/category/blog
Twitter: twitter.com/rogueship

++++

Thanks for reading, and I hope you get a kick out of playing.

App Store:
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rogueship/id324321518?mt=8

.travis.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:35:29 AM by travisdunn » Logged

Blog: http://www.travisdunn.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rogueship
There is neither speech nor language
but their voice is heard among them
Poor Lazlo
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:52:49 AM »

Hi.

The link to your website (and the itunes app store link) is broken due to typos. I'd fix that, if I were you.

The game looks cool, though.
travisdunn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »

I've just released v2.0 of Rogueship...

From planet to planet, the Hansa Star Guild can do little to deter the menace of pirate raiders who pillage and plunder trade ships with rising impunity. Even the Regulators are helpless against the enormity of the threat as the enemy’s ranks grow beneath a black banner of fear, violence, and riches.

Rampant Piracy! is the first Rogueship update to be submitted to the App Store. Along with bug fixes and some UI polish, this update introduces six new encounters depicting the effects of piracy on the trade markets, and a new gameplay mechanic in the form of “badges” you can earn for defeating pirates or smuggling contraband. Also look out for new pirate art.

New encounters include:

- Trade Market Besieged
- Smuggling Ring
- Weapons Cache
- Pulse Charge Snares
- Rampant Piracy!
- Extortion Racket

Read the rest of the release notes and download Rogueship now from iTunes.

The update means I now have some additional promo codes to give away if anybody is interested in picking one up in exchange for providing me some feedback on the game.

I've also uploaded a demo video:

Thanks!

.travis.

Blog: http://www.travisdunn.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rogueship
There is neither speech nor language
but their voice is heard among them
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic