Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:08:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Captain McCallery (RELEASED)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Space Captain McCallery (RELEASED)  (Read 11661 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »

Man, thanks, it's really encouraging to hear that, especially at this stage of development when I'm working hard to get it finished.  Thanks, man.   Gentleman

increpare
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »

Has a nice feel.

The jumping platform section made me close the game in anger.  Kept on over-shooting.  Grrr.

Exits to the right of the screen in the caves aren't obviously exits to me (rather than dead-ends).

Would be good to see health on inventory screen.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »

Has a nice feel.

The jumping platform section made me close the game in anger.  Kept on over-shooting.  Grrr.
Yeah, in the version I'm working on, I've both slightly lowered the jump force, as well as added a way to cancel your jumps midair.
Exits to the right of the screen in the caves aren't obviously exits to me (rather than dead-ends).
I've also added arrows at screen exits in the version I'm working on.

Would be good to see health on inventory screen.
Good idea, will do.

Thanks!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

Hey, guys, I'm getting close to having a beta build ready (probably some time in the next couple days).  Respond here if you want to beta test.

Styg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

I'm liking the hit and run (or jump, rather) combat, but I'm not liking the platforming part. I think you'd need to have smooth and more easily controllable jumping mechanics to make that enjoyable, but we'll see how it works out with the changes you're making.

A few UI suggestions:
- the health indicators / energy bar are too big, scale them down a bit
- when you use an item from the inventory, don't show the message box that requires pressing X again unless it applies a newly discovered effect
- show the health pack count in the hud
- create a hotkey for health pack usage

Found a bug too: if you move and jump through the transition, you'll have to repress the movement key

Overall, I think the game has a nice feel to it. Looking forward to the full version. Smiley

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

That title screen is uber-awesome.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »

Alright, the Beta version is now available.  You can download it here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?zuhdzwmjlzd

Feedback is appreciated, particularly on any bugs or errors you might run into.  If things go well, I should have a final release of the game ready in a week or so.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »

I've released an updated beta version that makes a few changes including a special bonus for people who beat the game.

Download here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?otzytamdznl

Please try it out and give me feedback, I'd like to get this game strong for it's release.

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »

I'm enjoying this so far. Looks great in motion.

A couple of things I noticed:

- If you walk while shooting sometimes it looks like the beam is coming from behind you.

- The "Inventory Full" screen should pause the game, it keeps getting me killed by popping up at the wrong times.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:42 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.

Also, I realized that I had forgotten to change one of the download links on the first page of the thread, so some of you guys ended up downloading the first version of the beta rather than the second.  It should be fixed now.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 02:16:54 PM »

The game is now out of beta. 

I've made an anouncement thread here:  http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=12420.0

You can find the game here:  http://www.ultimate-nerds.com/space-captain-mccallery-episode-1-crash-landing

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic