Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:41:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeCOLLABORATION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: COLLABORATION  (Read 82322 times)
easteregg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2008, 03:26:33 AM »

Hey folks,

me and some mates, all germans, wanna make a video-gaming-show. The video equipment is already here (thanks to our university).

Now we wanted to create a nice Intro. The music is already there (click, made out of Step Aside).
What we still need are some pixel heroes (like characters or spaceships - they are even heroes) for the Intro. If you have something like that (characters: would be nice, if you have a jump oder attack image as well), you could post it here. When we use your pixel work, we'll mention you in the credits, of course.

Just for info: We are doing this for fun, we'll get no money and thats why we have no money, too. We'll be at the german Games Convention (from August 19th, to August 24th), so we need your stuff very soon.

Thanks,
Jan

PS: Sorry, if this post is in the wrong section. And sorry for my bad english.
medieval
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 03:48:18 AM »

Read the fucking rules for once.

EDIT: also I just realized that I've been too mean against a manbaby.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 06:04:31 AM by Medieval » Logged
easteregg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 03:49:50 AM »

Read the fucking rules for once.
I'm sorry. Embarrassed Can a moderator move this thread to the right categorie? Thank you Embarrassed
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »

Moved.
Corpus
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »

I'm, uh... well, what Massena said about programming. I can't dedicate all day every day to a game, but I'd be up for a collab.
killnpc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »

I was able to find a programmer that would work with me! Thanks to those that replied.

hI tigsource.com Smiley

i'm new, nice to meet u. i'm looking to team up with a programmer.

so, i'm an artist currently working in the industry and i've been having the side-project jitters for a few months now, it seems as if they aren't going to go away. i do characters and environments, my main interest being texture work. here's my stuff: www.coryrobinson.info

i'm interested in working on something extremely small in scope as a hobby interest. i'm not interested in working on a "full game" no game design documents or anything. i'm just looking to create single game-feature-prototype-like-things that would involve working with a programmer. just little tech ideas that would require both an artist and programmer. i'll most likely be able to contribute time after work 6pm arizona time(i crunch wednesdays) and every other weekend (bi-weekly lan party). WTF

i have a few ideas,
the one i like the most would be to help create a randomly generated 3d environment, something like that which would be used in diablo 3. the goal having to create modular and instanced chucks of levels that plug together to make something new each time.

i'd also be interested in some type of dynamic material prototype. something that plays with the concept of aging textures, where the textures detail themselves based off their surrounding elements. i thought narrowing the materials down to just one or two materials would be plausible to make an environment that is made entirely of cement and metal. brittle structures would be more prone to cracking, surfaces and cracks would collect dust and dirt, surfaces near metal would rust.

I was able to find a programmer that would work with me! Thanks to those that replied.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:58:17 PM by killnpc » Logged

without greed.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 07:33:59 AM »

WOW Mr. Robinson you are a fantastic painter! I wish I could get you to texture some of my stuff... I suck at texturing Sad
medieval
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 06:20:43 AM »

Hello.

I am looking for someone who can make music/sound effects for my currently work-in-progress game, Enjoying the View

I would like a calm and ambient soundtrack, and some small sound effects.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 11:43:21 PM »

Hi.

I'm looking for a pixel artist to help me with a multiplayer stealth game for Gamma 3D. It'll be fairly short, simple and use only a few colours. I'm still not sure what exactly the game will be like (see thread) so if you want you can help on the gameplay too. If you prefer to just do art that's fine as well.

EDIT: michael's helping out. Thanks michael!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:40:03 PM by chutup » Logged

Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »

Fish: just out of curiosity, did you get a programmer for Poop Chute Polygoo?
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »

medival, if your still looking for some music and sfx. i think id like to take a shot at it. ive uploaded some of my more mellow tracks, but i could do pretty much whatever you want.

cavern
nimble
swan

and chutup, id also be interested in helping you with graphics for you game

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2008, 03:58:58 PM »

I'm copying this over from the compo-specific thread since I guess more people will see it here.

Who would donate some chiptunes for a last minute, super-crappy AudioSurf demake? Grin Doesn't need to be done specifically for this, any preexisting stuff would do.
medieval
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »

michael, I listened to the nimble song and the first part is perfect. If you could take that and make it in something loopable, that would be great Beer!
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2008, 01:42:21 AM »

i am a dedicated (cough) artist whether it be digital art or good old hand done...
I'm looking for a general partner to do games with, like a 2-3 person group who want to work on games together...

DO THE R.O.B!
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »

Hi,

I'm looking to provide my services in sound design and music making for free to anyone who wants a helping hand in the matters.

I look forward to (hopefully) working with some of you

EDIT: I'm also looking to do some generative music for a game, but my skills in this area are mainly based in a language I don't think would be of any use to game programmers so I'm trying to convert my skills to C or Python (though I don't think Python is capable of handling music in quite the way I want)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:03:28 AM by commathe » Logged
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:19 AM »

EDIT: I'm also looking to do some generative music for a game, but my skills in this area are mainly based in a language I don't think would be of any use to game programmers so I'm trying to convert my skills to C or Python (though I don't think Python is capable of handling music in quite the way I want)

Dude. Totally look at my procedural music in Python thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2236.0

I haven't worked on this for a while, though I do intend to go back to it when the time is right. If you are interested, I could share the code.

What language have you worked in?
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 03:50:37 AM »

Max/MSP.

I gather Python can deal with midi signals, but can actual oscilators be built within it? If so, I get the impression it'll be a damn sight easier than CSound. What I'm basically aiming to do is build music generators that will take input from a game (health etc.) and change the music and sounds appropriately.]

EDIT: Just read the thread! Pretty much the exact same idea  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:55:55 AM by commathe » Logged
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 04:09:49 AM »

Max/MSP.

That is like Puredata, right?

I gather Python can deal with midi signals, but can actual oscilators be built within it?

That would certainly be possible, although performance might be a bit troublesome. You don't really have to, though, unless you really want to fiddle with the synthesis bits yourself. When you just want to make music, you could just incorporate any of the available synthesis libraries.

EDIT: Just read the thread! Pretty much the exact same idea  Tongue

Yes, sounds like the same thing. Smiley Maybe I should make this an open-source project.
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 04:25:12 AM »

Pure data was made by the same guy who started Max/MSP so it's basically identical, just less powerful.

Building the synths is a pretty integral part for me since I want to have the settings on them (waveform, filters, envelopes and the like) changed with the game so not only the notes change but, the timbre does aswell.

EDIT: Total n00b question, but is there a possibility what I proram in max/msp could be imported into game code anyway and I won't have to learn a new language? I get the feeling what I code in it would be very inefficiant though and just suck up memory and processor power.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 04:30:39 AM »

Building the synths is a pretty integral part for me since I want to have the settings on them (waveform, filters, envelopes and the like) changed with the game so not only the notes change but, the timbre does aswell.

In that case, I guess you should find or write a C library to interface with which does the heavy synthesis lifting. Python performance just won't cut it for realtime synthesis in a game.

EDIT: Total n00b question, but is there a possibility what I proram in max/msp could be imported into game code anyway and I won't have to learn a new language?

I'm not aware of any way to do that. Anyway, we should probably stop spamming this thread now Embarrassed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic