Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:46:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallpay whateva price you want for immortal defense sale
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: pay whateva price you want for immortal defense sale  (Read 14253 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »

http://studioeres.com/games/content/immortal-defense-pay-what-you-want-sale

idea stolen from world of goo, because i had only 2 sales in december so far and needed money to buy xmas presents and to live

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »

How long is this lasting? I'm completely out right now, but I'll probably have something after Christmas. Sorry I can't buy before that.  Concerned

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »

jan 1

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »

is there a mac version?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »

not yet because yoyo 'indefinitely delayed' game maker for mac until some time in the future even though it was almost done. but there may be one day. i do have a mac and plan to port it to it as soon as gm for mac is finished.

JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »

ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
mirosurabu
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »

I got Visa Virtuon card. Thought it's a nice way to spend the money.

But..but..it said there was an error after clicking "purchase/continue" and there was no Serbia in the country list. (PayPal-related?)
ChevyRay
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 08:17:35 AM »

Awesome!

Sorry I could only donate $1.50 Embarrassed it's all I had left in my PayPal. But the game is great fun so far, one of the only Game Maker games I've played much since Spelunky and Return to Sector 9, and will probably come back to frequently (as I do with both of those games).

Made the mistake of turning the special effects up to max right away, couldn't see anything when I was playing Cheesy damn game looks nice though.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »

probably a paypal thing about serbia, yeah -- that's weird. did you check if it's listed under r (for republic of serbia)?

mirosurabu
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »

No, it's not. No luck making a payment to a paypal account. -.-

Serbia is PayPal disabled so they might be filtering IP's from Serbia or something. I don't know.
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

Hey, neat-o.  I was wondering why more devs didn't do this.

Are you going to provide the stats on the sales like World of Goo as well?

That'd rock!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »

@jrjellybean: yep, i will release stats after i find an easy way to compile them

@miroslav: well, if you have any other way to send money, that'd be fine too (or just get a friend to buy it for you, and link you to the game) -- sorry for the difficulties

PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

You're gonna be a rich rich man this Christmas. I'll be eager to see how this turns out.

Anyway. My PayPal's working, so I'll get some money in soon.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 12:18:07 PM »

well, not unless people write about the sale on places where people will see it -- we'll see

so far it's been half a day with about 20 sales totaling $16 after fees -- some people continue to give 1 cent despite the message that anything 31 cents and under gets eaten up by fees
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:26:24 PM by Paul Eres » Logged

PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »

That is kinda sad. I got it for 5$.
charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

well, not unless people write about the sale on places where people will see it -- we'll see

so far it's been half a day with about 20 sales totaling $16 after fees -- some people continue to give 1 cent despite the message that anything 31 cents and under gets eaten up by fees

That's why i put a script on my payment pages to make sure i get at least $1, or ~38p in proper money per sale. I can send you the script if you want...

Cheers
Charlie

Check out my games: http://www.charliesgames.com
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 04:56:31 PM »

sure, that might work, though i don't know much about website scripting so may lack the ability to adapt it to my site -- regardless my email is [email protected]

necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »

I already have it, but I have a question. I beat the game, but I don't want to have to re-beat all the levels 100% so I can get to hellspace. Is there a cheat that exists in the new version of the game like the alt+insert cheat in the previous version?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »

these cheats existed in both versions, but you can use numpad 0 to set the time to 3 seconds in order to instantly beat a level. so just go to all the levels you have less than 100% in and start them, then press numpad 0 to beat the level and get 100%

unfortunately this will not work on laptops, because they have no number pad -- my fault there

alternatively, you can go into the save files (i forget the exact name of the save file, it might be 'ndefense' -- open it as a text file) and manually change the numbers so you have 100% on every level

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 06:11:47 AM »

I think: "Pay whateva price you want(over 1$) for immortal defense" would have been a better idea in this case. If you allow people to pay less than 1$, you are basically saying you are willing to give your game for free for whoever want to. So practically, not everyone pay, some get it for free(Although someone could argue that paying 0$ is paying what you want, but you get the point).

Master of all trades.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic