Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:15:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBattery Attack (awesome game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Battery Attack (awesome game)  (Read 3426 times)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »

Surprisingly fun, but it screws up o_o

edit

The game itself is actually fairly fun, if simple. I don't get any platforms or background on my screen, though; it's just black background with the "bat" enemy (and I managed to see two other kinds later on). The menu is screwed up, too.

Time stop while firing: Interesting, but without more fine-tuning allowed, entirely unnecessary. Currently it's kind of pointless because of the granularity of the aiming system. All it really does is give you a momentary break to think about what you want to do next (which I suppose could be handy). Also, I was expecting the attack to charge, but clearly it doesn't really do anything like that.

Want a screenshot of the problem?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:15:02 PM by Droqen » Logged

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 05:40:59 AM »

Sounds like a game maker graphics problem, which I won't be able to fix. Have you had problems with any other GM games?

yeah why the hell not a screenshot would be fantastic xD

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »

I'm on a new install of Windows 7 in which I have not even given any GM games a try (to my knowledge); I know that Spelunky was screwing up for me earlier (on Vista), but other GM games would work fine.

Actually I believe I did play a game without any troubles... Glum Buster, I believe.

Here's the picture. Also, the player's animation is really fast but that may have been intentional.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:14 AM »

yeah that'll be a W7 problem, but i have a feeling theres some sort of fix for it, like compatibility mode, but i dont know the specfics.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic