Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:14:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Tubular [Ready]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tubular [Ready]  (Read 3287 times)
mart0258
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »

-- 1/11/2010

New version uploaded.  It's not finished (i.e. it doesn't include the selected music tracks), but it works.  

It's also been renamed to Tubular.  URL: http://mart0258.110mb.com/temp/tubular.htm

-- 12/22/2009
"Tube Assembly" gives you tube pieces of various shapes, which need to be placed on the board to the right to form loops.  

So far, the game allows placing pipes, and gives score based on the length of the pipe.  While it would be nice to have completed loops disappear from the board, they will remain for now. Instead, you can place pieces over existing pipes at the cost of a slow degradation.

I've used one artwork so far: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8814.msg277534#msg277534

Since there's some people that will try it out, a quick download page before I replace it with something more permanent: http://mart0258.110mb.com/temp/tubasm.htm

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:24:20 PM by mart0258 » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:02:34 PM »

Pretty neat idea!  I guess aside from making loops disappear it needs a timer and some music to finish it off...

hi
mart0258
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »

I'd have loved to put in music too, but it didn't get in on time. At least there's three modes to play with, and I'm happy since I learned enough of the library that's going to be used on a larger scale collab.

I think I'm getting a "minimalist" achievement for using only two assets... Has anyone done less?
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »

Even where it is now this game is super addicting.  The timed and classic modes are particularly good.  It'd be cool to see more pipe types- S bends and U bends and the dreaded cross pipe that forces you to overlap two loops.  It'd also be neat if the timer got faster as you gain points to increase the difficulty.  Perhaps getting more points for using more bends or something.  Maybe having a low probability bomb that gets rid of gray pipes in puzzle and timed.  I dunno.

Course, all that's assuming you planned on continuing to work on the game.  Not that you should or anything.  It'd just be the greatest game of all time (hint hint.)

P.S.  You should finish this game, cause I wanna play it.  It's addicting.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »

Liked: Reminded me of pipemania. Good variation of game modes.

Disliked: It lack a little tension. I didn't really feel too pressured even in the timed modes. The puzzle mode was extremely easy you could rack up a huge score by constantly overlapping existing loops.

Conclusion: Missing the tension of a game like pipemania, but still a commendable effort.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic