Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:04:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSome shigi music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Some shigi music  (Read 23262 times)
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »

@Jabberwock: I like that name "Brother Android," it's very cute.  I'll definitely check it out!  I like 8-bit style music, and just chiptunes in general so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  No worries about mentioning it, after all, I'm the one who asked Smiley  Oh man, I hate when people have to point out the similarities between your song and someone else's!  That happened to me once, and it was quite upsetting... it was only one part of the song that was similar, but it bothered me to the point that I haven't played it since.

@Lime: Thank-you!  I'm glad you liked it ^_^

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »

I... really liked that. Your voice doesn't annoy me like most "popular" singers do. And don't feel bad about turning down an offer like that, you shouldn't let yourself be used like that. Don't do anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable doing~ [/moralstandpoint.]

But regardless, you make great music, keep at it, etc. etc. Pretty much what everyone has said in this topic before me.  Smiley
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 01:12:10 AM »

Hi Solarblade, thank-you ^_^  I really appreciate that.

I'm going to link you guys to two very contrasting pieces... the first one is a sample of an acoustic song I'm working on with my friend at Sony.  I was inspired to write the lyrics after watching the movie "Up"... the song is about a old couple; one of them is about to pass away or slip into a state where she can no longer remember... She's reflecting on their journey together during their last day together:

The Last Day

(I apologize, this is just a scratch take so it's rather messy and the vocals aren't that good)

The second is a remix someone did of Brainiac Maniac... I don't know why, but it makes me feel happy because it's really high energy.  I like that he kept all the same melodies and chord progressions... the synth samples are so Megamany!

Brainiac Maniac remix
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:19:38 AM by supershigi » Logged

Lime
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »

The second is a remix someone did of Brainiac Maniac... I don't know why, but it makes me feel happy because it's really high energy.  I like that he kept all the same melodies and chord progressions... the synth samples are so Megamany!

Brainiac Maniac remix

Pretty cool, but the original is waaaaaaay better. Well, hello there!

That's how the game goes,
That's how the lime rolls.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »

Brainiac Maniac remix

Pretty cool, but the original is waaaaaaay better. Well, hello there!

Aw, thank-you Lime Smiley

chris_b
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »

this is just a scratch take so it's rather messy and the vocals aren't that good
But it sounds really nice like this (well, maybe except for the click track bleed)...sometimes the original feel of a song gets diluted with successive iterations of the production process.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »

Wow, I just wanted to say that your work on Plants vs. Zombies was incredible. I had that song from the first couple stages stuck in my head for weeks on end. Also if your looking for work you should make a topic in the jobs section.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »

I was really happy to find out that "Zombies on your Lawn" was nominated for "Best Original Vocal: Pop" in the Game Audio Network Guild awards ^_^  Here is the Gamasutra article in case anyone is interested in reading about the awards (unfortunately they got the name wrong, but that's okay, hehe).  I've noticed that they usually prefer the larger AAA games, so I was really flattered to see my song in there amongst the bigger titles.

@chris_b: Thank-you Smiley  I know what you mean about how sometimes songs lose their original feel during the production process... sometimes I like listening to live acoustic versions of songs because it feels more personal. 

@Ginosmooth: Thanks so much!  I'm really glad you liked it.  I was thinking about making a topic there, but I figured I should wait until I finish my rpg since my schedule is kind of full until around April.  Although perhaps it would be a good idea to get started with that, since developers might not need music immediately.

Mir@k
Level 1

Pffffffft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »

Wow... I feel that i'd be downgrading the sound of "The Last Day" if i were to write a review because 1) I wouldn't know wtf i'd be saying, and 2) I simply adored it. Even if it's a sample.

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »

I hear plants vs zombies won an award at the Game Audio Network Guild thing at GDC. I was wondering if you got any part of that award (wrote the song, recorded it etc.)?
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »

Hi everyone, I've got a couple things to post today... a bunch of folks had been asking me about making piano versions of the Plants vs Zombies music, so I decided to do a video series for them.  The first one I recorded is "Graze the Roof" (which is the music from the Roof level).  I just used my iPhone, so sorry that I'm so inaudible during the first part:

I also have a couple new pieces from the last area of Melolune.  I don't want to say too much about their context, but water is involved:

Caleigh

Little Fish

@Mir@k: Thank-you... I'm glad you liked it!  I'm really excited about getting back into the studio and working on some more songs like that once I'm finished with Melolune. 

@Sean: Yup I made the Plants vs Zombies song (composed, arranged, sang, mixed, etc.) ^_^  I was really happy and kind of surprised that my song won because it was up against all these songs from AAA games (and I think GANG usually focuses more on the larger games).  I didn't really have a speech planned when I went up to accept the award Tongue 

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »

Congrats. All of the music from the first post made it onto my ipod.
And this is coming from a diehard headbanger.  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Also, who are the singers for "Uraniwa ni Zombies ga!" ?

EDIT: I am stupid.

And, you have a beautiful voice!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:05:07 PM by Bood_War » Logged

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

Hi everyone, I've got a couple things to post today... a bunch of folks had been asking me about making piano versions of the Plants vs Zombies music, so I decided to do a video series for them.  The first one I recorded is "Graze the Roof" (which is the music from the Roof level).  I just used my iPhone, so sorry that I'm so inaudible during the first part:

I also have a couple new pieces from the last area of Melolune.  I don't want to say too much about their context, but water is involved:

Caleigh

Little Fish
Wow congrats on the award, also the piano thing is a good idea but maybe to complement it, some sheet music (For those of us who can't play by ear).  That would be the most incredible thing. But you know that takes time and effort so I'm not expecting anything.

@Mir@k: Thank-you... I'm glad you liked it!  I'm really excited about getting back into the studio and working on some more songs like that once I'm finished with Melolune.  

@Sean: Yup I made the Plants vs Zombies song (composed, arranged, sang, mixed, etc.) ^_^  I was really happy and kind of surprised that my song won because it was up against all these songs from AAA games (and I think GANG usually focuses more on the larger games).  I didn't really have a speech planned when I went up to accept the award Tongue  

Congrats on the award! Also I think maybe if you find the time, in addition to the videos some sheet music maybe? I always have so much trouble finding sheet music for anything let alone video game music let alone
music from a kind of obscure game. It's probably a lot of work to do that but if you find the time I know I would but probably tons of other people would appreciate it as well. Anyway congradulations.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:02:54 PM by Sean Amadio » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »

?

why quote that post and say nothing...

anyway, good to see you nominated there (along with flower, another indie game)

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »

I don't know why it did that I wrote something and then it deleted it when I posted maybe because I'm posting from my iPod, who knows. Anyway it's fixed now.
Amirai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »

I totally dig that piano version of graze the roof. Great stuff!

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »

Just to say that first time I've saw the "Zombies on your Lawn" clip on Youtube, I spent the whole day listen to it.. it really sticks in your head. Now it's on my iPod. Great job there Smiley

AriesT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »

Wish I could play on my piano as you do. You got some great stuff there, especially your piano tracks. Smiley

Never give up your dreams. They are worth to live for!
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »

Thank-you everyone for your comments ^_^  I just posted part 2 of my PvZ piano version series... this one is for the music you hear during mini-games like Walnut Bowling.  It's called "Loonboon" and it was inspired by our crazy black cat, Metroid:

@Bood_War: Haha, that's awesome, I'm always really flattered when someone who usually listens to a completely different genre of music likes what I've made Tongue  Yup, I did the singing for both versions (I'm half Japanese).  Are you named "Bood_War" because you like Starcraft?

@Sean: Thank-you!  As for sheet music... I actually just play everything by ear/improvise them.  But Sebastian Wolff kindly offered to create sheet music for a few of my PvZ songs on his website, which you download here.

@Paul: Thanks Paul!  Yes, Flower had some lovely music... I was happy that they won awards this year (both for the GANG and GDC awards).

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:26 PM »

Thank-you everyone for your comments ^_^  I just posted part 2 of my PvZ piano version series... this one is for the music you hear during mini-games like Walnut Bowling.  It's called "Loonboon" and it was inspired by our crazy black cat, Metroid:

@Bood_War: Haha, that's awesome, I'm always really flattered when someone who usually listens to a completely different genre of music likes what I've made Tongue  Yup, I did the singing for both versions (I'm half Japanese).  Are you named "Bood_War" because you like Starcraft?

@Sean: Thank-you!  As for sheet music... I actually just play everything by ear/improvise them.  But Sebastian Wolff kindly offered to create sheet music for a few of my PvZ songs on his website, which you download here.

@Paul: Thanks Paul!  Yes, Flower had some lovely music... I was happy that they won awards this year (both for the GANG and GDC awards).

Wow sweet thanks for that link, now the songs will be stuck in my head for another month!

Edit: And that site has all of the world of goo and a Professor Layton song too!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:07:36 PM by Sean A. » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic