Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 04:42:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2NinPan-san (Demo)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NinPan-san (Demo)  (Read 2562 times)
Doctor Universe
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:19:13 PM »

I present to thee! NinPan-san, my entree for the compo. It's a platformer, about the adventures of Nin and Pan, or it will be anyway. There isn't much to say about it yet, but controls are listed at game startup.

The Mushrooms can't currently hurt you, so feel free to mercilessly destroy the defenseless fungus. Just like Mario would do! The HUD isn't active yet either. Mostly, I've been messing around with player actions and interactions with things. Looking for some feedback, mostly on controls.

Currently using pgil's tile set, MashPotato's Mushrooms and JaJitsu's Ninja and Panda. Also one of yokomeshi's explosions, and dineyin's moon.

Download

Some images!

The Panda deftly watching the mushrooms...

...while The Ninja deftly explodes them.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »

Ahhh this looks lovely!  Kiss

Ninja-Gaiden, Panda styles!
MaloEspada
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 01:16:13 PM »

That engine is very nice!
I like it <3

The ninja can wall jump too!
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »

Everything seems to work well, the level is not captivating enough yet, but I like all the different moves. The controls felt a little awkward (holding c, a direction, and sometimes jumping as well). I was hoping someone would use that panda/ninja "joining" animation for something Smiley

Doctor Universe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. 

Everything seems to work well, the level is not captivating enough yet, but I like all the different moves. The controls felt a little awkward (holding c, a direction, and sometimes jumping as well). I was hoping someone would use that panda/ninja "joining" animation for something Smiley

The level isn't anywhere near complete, but I'll keep that in mind Currently browsing through the art assets for other things to add to the background. As for controls, I'll try and see if I can figure something simpler out.

That engine is very nice!
I like it <3

The ninja can wall jump too!

Totally forgot to mention the wall jumping. Yes, the ninja can wall jump!
I also forgot to credit Matt for his Grandma engine. It's served as a nice base for what it's mutated into now.  Hand Thumbs Up Right Smiley
Lucius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 02:53:47 AM »

Nice smooth engine.

But I have one complain. So I useing a German-Keyboard, so I have the same problem  as by every game which use the z-key. On a german keyboard z and y are exchanged to an englisch keyboard, so it would be nice if you can use par example a s d or x c v.

Everything else is fine^^ Panda Ninja

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:21:48 PM »

WTF Oh my god
this is amazing

i really love the high five switch. if you can get the transformation in there this would be awesomee

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic