Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:42:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUmi Island
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Umi Island  (Read 1403 times)
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »

Umi Island

Development
I've recently taken upon myself to learn Actionscript 3.0. Using the Flixel platform, it was quite easy to prototype a Flash game.

Gameplay
I was really inspired by "Plants vs. Zombies" as well as the iPhone game "Pocket God". Basically, your Umis will release karma which is the resource of the game. Eventually, you will be able to evolve your Umis as well as merge two Umis together.

Right now, enemy baddies will attack your Umis, but you won't have any way to defend. I am currently working on the combat system and hope to get it completed soon..

I've just started this project last week, and alot of the functionality is still under construction. You can't do much, but I just thought I'd release what I have so far so I can receive some critical feedback. Thanks TIG!

Play it here
(Heavily under construction)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:41:59 AM by eddietree » Logged

PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 03:32:41 AM »

Alright, having played it to the point where I can no longer evolve my Umi. Which I don't think should have a plural, for some reason. I have come to several very important conclutions!

-The  "karma stars" look like banana peel, I would honestly alter that, it only needs a little work. Perhaps get rid of the outline, so it is the same style as the yin-yang karma ball.

-"Missile Tengu" however is as perfect as a pixel character can be. But with his black outline he appears further forward that the Umi.

-I like that you have to click on the thrown karma, but why not seperate it into "good" and "bad" karma? At the moment you can't make a mistake when you are gathering points. Clicking a bad karma by accident could change the players whole plans.

-The ground tiles flip alternately I believe,it doesn't look all that great.

-Thinking about the ground, maybe you could add to the island, like a little shelter that the missiles can't blast through. It would only help the Umi if they walk under it, but it would be nice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic