Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:22:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2All two projects are [FINISHED]. These are "Rakshasas" and "Space Smuggler".
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: All two projects are [FINISHED]. These are "Rakshasas" and "Space Smuggler".  (Read 15716 times)
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »

Movement keys don't work for me (WASD).
Attribute Clash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »

oryx
that's strange. because it works well on our PC's. maybe it's keyboard language? but strange..

oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »

Anything I can help do to debug it?
The arrow key movement on Space Smuggler works fine for me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:54:29 PM by oryx » Logged
Attribute Clash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »

as you can see, we made it in Game maker/ max i can afford is to send you *.gmk file. need it?

oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »

Anyone else try Rakshasas? Does the WASD movement work for them?

BTW really nice use of the environment tiles! You definitely used those the best of anyone with the multiple heights animated textures, etc.
Attribute Clash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 07:08:56 AM »

Submission for that great compo is finished, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, concerning RAKSHASAS or SPACE SMUGGLER, we can spare some time and make games better.

We know that they both lack balance and we did not add all the features we wanted to, so, your ideas would be more than welcome!! Coffee

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 05:19:06 AM »

I really liked Space Smuggler. The way you make all the game elements visible on a single screen is neat. However, I thought the walls breaking when you shoot them was a bit cheap, since the player has to remember where each one is. Maybe on easy mode, you could use a different sprite for weak walls?

I also couldn't work out how to open the doors in the bottom-left, and without that I couldn't kill the second octopus. Any hints?

Attribute Clash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

William Broom
Doors can be opened with the button in the lower left (round thing just beneath the biotank).

Having different sprites for weak walls in easy mode is a good idea! We will try it out!

Originally the idea was to make the walls randomly breakable, so that the player will have to remember each wall every playing seesion and heavily rely on personal luck) But we underestimated the difficulty of the game with that feature.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »

Awesome game!

destiny is truth pre-op
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »

Rakshasas
Liked: It's an interesting control scheme.

Disliked: I have no idea what is going on or what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't move the man he just stands there and gets killed.

Conclusion: I didn't understand this game at all.

Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »

I have no idea what is going on or what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't move the man he just stands there and gets killed.
The goal is to prevent his death using the rings, if I understand right. Prevent his death by running people over with giant lightning and fire balls.

Attribute Clash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 12:45:38 AM »

Kazerad
Yes, you understand everything right. Those damned balls are Rakshasas, which can't be killed. And "the man" is a simple thief who has find the rings!!

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 10:11:20 AM »

Space Smuggler is lovely - I really like the interactive environment and the way that all hell breaks loose as shots ping around your ship. It's horribly unforgiving though, and difficult to tell what everything is and what it will do, to the point where I can't get far in it. I hope you do some more with the idea.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 01:42:33 PM »

Space Smuggler
Liked: minimalistic visual added to the confusion nicely.

Disliked: Lack of information. I get that you are supposed to discover things for yourself, but it gets too hectic to notice the more subtle effects.

Conclusion: Maybe tries to do too much at once, but not without some charm.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic