Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:18:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeSaint's Yarn
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Saint's Yarn  (Read 28625 times)
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »

Aw great. Now you've gotten me to the point where even I want to learn how to knit.  Embarrassed
I wanna make a hat!
RCIX
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 01:18:33 AM »

*idea*
Do one of the blocks from Tidalis. There's some retro styled ones that look like they could work.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »

doing simple stuff doesn't take as much time =)
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »

Oh my gosh you are so incredibly awesome!  You even took the time to make the heels, toes, and lining a different color than the main part of the sock.  I love the Megaman and VVVVVV socks, they're so cute.  Do you have an etsy store or take requests?

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »

Oh my gosh you are so incredibly awesome!  You even took the time to make the heels, toes, and lining a different color than the main part of the sock.  I love the Megaman and VVVVVV socks, they're so cute.  Do you have an etsy store or take requests?

Thanks Embarrassed

Though adding large splashes of color is really easy, the details are usually what takes time... For the socks, I normally do the entire heel and foot part in about the same time it takes to do the pattern.

I do not have an etsy store, but I'm thinking I'll auction everything off for charity sometime this fall. So in a month or two maybe... But I'm open to suggestions, really, so if you have something particular in mind feel free to drop me a PM.
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »

Again not very indie, but Kirby is awesome so it's okay  Smiley

... I'm gonna try and contact all of the IP owners for permission and then put the lot up on ebay sometime next week, so if anyone has experience selling stuff like this for charity I'd be really happy if you'd like to share any advice you might have...

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 08:05:35 PM »

Eeeeeee, those are adorable. Kiss
bento_smile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

Nice! Awesome sock skills! :3 (Not enough people knit these days)
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 06:48:08 PM »

the TIGSocks. Made in part over international waters.

... Oh, and for different reasons I have had to wait with the auctioning, but should be any week now.
ink.inc
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 06:49:11 PM »

My Word!

jesus
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »

I love it!
Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 02:17:34 AM »

... So, following the kickoff of Child's Play 2010 I am putting the lot up for auction.

http://www.ekermo.se/yarn

Feel free to spread the word Smiley
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:45 AM »

... So, following the kickoff of Child's Play 2010 I am putting the lot up for auction.

http://www.ekermo.se/yarn

Feel free to spread the word Smiley

Haha, awesome initiative! I bid on the Cave Story and Fez socks- they look amazing! I wish I could do stuff like that. Keep up the good work!
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

I'm interested in the Pac-Man beanie, the Fez socks and the Cave Story socks, but I don't have high hopes about winning them...
iffi
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »

Wow, the VVVVVV socks sure are popular - 159 bids and $410.00, with 8 days remaining!
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 08:24:14 PM »

Yeah, helps that Terry Cavanagh will be handing out a free copy of the game to each bidder Tongue
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »

I'm getting a bit worried - it's no big deal to give away a few (er, hundred) copies, but hopefully at least somebody who's bidding at this point plans to actually pay. Droop

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

Yeah, helps that Terry Cavanagh will be handing out a free copy of the game to each bidder Tongue

I'm getting a bit worried - it's no big deal to give away a few (er, hundred) copies, but hopefully at least somebody who's bidding at this point plans to actually pay. Droop

Yeah, they're definitely not worth that much money, so I'm hoping someone was planning to donate to Child's Play anyway and simply figured this was a decent enough way to do it.

Worst comes to worst, the nonpaying bidders will have to have their bids retracted and the people involved will get a notice on their ebay profile rather than a free copy of VVVVVV. Would probably take some time to administer it but I don't mind that much - the sad part would be that if something like that would occur it might take too long to resolve for the socks to reach the final buyer in reasonable time, but that's about it.

But again, I'm hoping for the best. Either way, I think we'll both learn something about how to do charity drives in the future so it's all good Gentleman
Zaphos
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/VVVVVV-themed-handmade-yarn-socks-/300491205217#ht_805wt_1139
um ... it's at $9700 now ....
ink.inc
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »

ridiculoooouuusssss

if the highest bidder doesn't pay up...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic