Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:11:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Mushroom Soldier Skirmish!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mushroom Soldier Skirmish!  (Read 1526 times)
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:13:37 PM »

Well I finally got the balls to post something about what I have been doing for assemblee. I've been quietly lurking and checking out some of the other entries. My idea was to have a small multiplayer deathmatch game inspired by those fabulous military mushrooms created by MashPotato.

I started working on the game and all was going very well, I have been using SFML and C++. SFML has proven to be great for creating sprites. This is the first time I have really used SFML at all and found I had these cool looking sprites on the screen pretty quickly.

However lately I have begun to slow down and I realise that this will probably not be multiplayer, but that is okay, I'm going to try and implement some simple AI and your job is just to finish off all the other mushrooms in the arena or maybe I will get it two players in there using the keyboard.

So here is a screenshot of where I am at right now.
http://www.2shared.com/file/10311675/a5bea06a/Untitled.html

Current state of things:
-I need to create the AI
-The levels are procedurally generated at startup (some platforms can be unreachable because of this)
-You can go outside the screen which means you will fall off the edge of the ground platform, Will fix that soon.
-I have been thinking a level editor would be good, but we will see how I am for time.

I am feeling quite proud at the moment because this is the closest I have ever been to completeing a game. Also the first time I have had sound working correctly  Smiley. I will post a demo when some more of the gameplay is complete. Hopefully I will have it all finished in time.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic