Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:42:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsOpen Project: Four Swords-like Adventure (design time)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Open Project: Four Swords-like Adventure (design time)  (Read 44325 times)
Lord Tim
Level 1

Overclocked to 20 MHz

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »

In all honesty, as much as I love doing concept art, we should probably focus on getting a basic engine done, so that we can prototype new mechancics and (most importantly) the online networking.

I will start working on exactly this in ~14.5 hours.
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »

HAI DUDES I MADED ARTS IN PAINT

WHAT ONLY THREE CHARACTERS AND WHAT COUNTRIES ARE THEY EVEN FROM

BRO!!!

I KNOW YOU HATE OUTLINES

SORRY

Kramlack
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »

Atnas, this style. This is the style we need to use for the game!  Kiss
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »

Wow, I'm really liking that style.
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2010, 04:13:48 AM »

oh sh- digging that a million lots dude ' D '!11

Ffff my computer cord is not here at the moment, so I can't plug my tablet in

but later tonight I'll just editypoo that sprite a little to sync it a little more with concept stuffs.

But yes, you probably nailed the pixel style I was going for, especially scale-wise! Genius BRO <33

(also ashkin that sprite is adorable ; 3 Wink

anyhowza theo, I hope you don't think crazy concepting and graphical stuff is gonna clash with early engine work, I think making some visual beacons of VISION to go for is a good thing at the moment (also it's the only thing I can do, ehehe D:)

(also I don't hate outlines, I'm just sorta bad with them in PIXOLS and try to justify not using them too much with ideals. Hehehuhauhe arhg)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:07:35 AM by Jad » Logged
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »

I had to make a druidypoo version...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:15:43 PM by Kadoba » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »

Kadoba! Now I'm all sad-like.
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »

Haha, I didn't say it had to be used.  Tongue

Large Edit:

One thing I've been thinking about is that the taking the other player's bodies some sort of resurrection site has some design problems. For one, what if there are more dead players than living players? Moving all the bodies would be a pain. Also those players couldn't play while dead and that's pretty boring. Third, some puzzles couldn't be solved without people alive so it would really restrict the level design. You would have to make sure there is a resurrection site that would be reachable at all times even with players dead. If someone dies at a boss that requires teamwork they would automatically lose unless there was a resurrection site in there too.

So what if instead alive players can resuscitate dead players. It would have a small timer so it would be hard to do with enemies near. When a player gets revived in this way they are really near death and would get knocked out again easily. It would let knocked out players get back in the game quickly but death would still be significant. If you want to penalize death even more you could have some sort of resurrection sickness that made them perform badly for like half a minute or something.

I dunno. Just brainstorming.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:13:02 PM by Kadoba » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »

Well if we're going to use one, it will be yours. Lips Sealed
Time to go practice pixel art...
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »

I completely missed that Jad was intending to edit yours. I wasn't trying to upstage you. Sorry.  Sad

Edit:

Is it just me or does adventureboy look a lot like Toan from DarkCloud?
Ashkin
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »

I'm just kidding man, and Jad wasn't talking about mine, he was talking about Atnas'.
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »

I was

this is result, pixel muscle tired from completely remaking instead of editing goddammit I'm a jerk hello
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »

The 4 players are standing on the bridge, preparing themselves for the boss battle.

First sketches for a potential sky kingdom. Because fuck those goddamn cave people and their primitive technology!  Durr...?

Of course I'll have to seriously cartoonify it, and feel free to critique like crazy.

I AM FREE!
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »

Don't feel the need to cartoonify too much, this is great as it is. Diverse concepts will surely brew something interesting if we can just handle it well :D

also I'm digging it. Actually this is how I was imagining the place where the mining girl comes from, a mountain range that has been so hollowed out by mining that there's only remnants of mountain left, with lots of metal bridges and supports everywhere. Just saying O:!
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

I'm sorry, you guys, but I don't think I'll be able to help out on this project. I wish you guys the best of luck- there are some truly fantastic art and ideas already, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
TheDustin
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »

I'm sorry, you guys, but I don't think I'll be able to help out on this project. I wish you guys the best of luck- there are some truly fantastic art and ideas already, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
That's a shame man. I saw your post earlier, I agree on the fact that we need to get an engine up and running so we can flesh out game mechanics. If anybody's willing to do so, that'd be great. And it'd be cool if people could bounce game design ideas back and forth as well.
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »

At the moment I'm just drawing stuff, if I get too deep into gameplay discussion I might go all megalomaniac with my own ideas, so yeah D:

but yes, if this project is ever to progress beyond scattered ideas and pretty pictures we're gonna need some engine-peoples. ' n '
Lord Tim
Level 1

Overclocked to 20 MHz

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »

Here is something for you cool cats to mess around with while I research the networking stuff.

http://www.rocketninjagames.com/dangerous/

Arrow keys to move, and X to attack.

You have to edit the values first before you can move. Mess around with the settings and see if you can get something that feels good, or tell me some other attributes to add to make it feel better.
TheDustin
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »

Here's something I've been toying around with:

Code:
Speed: 1000
Drag: 610
Max Velocity: 200
Attack Time: .52
Cooldown Time: .25

I'd like to make him a little faster, but it seems that if I increase the Max Velocity he starts to get a little 'floaty'. What do you guys think?

EDIT: You're awesome for posting this, Tim!
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2010, 03:38:35 AM »

Here's something I've been toying around with:

Code:
Speed: 1000
Drag: 610
Max Velocity: 200
Attack Time: .52
Cooldown Time: .25

I'd like to make him a little faster, but it seems that if I increase the Max Velocity he starts to get a little 'floaty'. What do you guys think?

EDIT: You're awesome for posting this, Tim!

If you want to make him less floaty try increasing drag to(wards) its max value.

test:
Code:
Speed: 2000
Drag: 750
Max Velocity: 220
Attack Time: .4
Cooldown Time: .1

I AM FREE!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic