Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:11:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsOpen Project: Four Swords-like Adventure (design time)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: Open Project: Four Swords-like Adventure (design time)  (Read 44319 times)
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »

Even though I don't post I still am interested and check here often.

Also, what would the currency be used for?
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »

... You make a convincing argument.

It was supposed to be for a more competitive element, but that could easily be done with races to items/chests/health, or some sort of record of how many enemies killed.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

i will try to add some stuff to this, but i am very busy.

one thing i would really REALLY want to request

Beg

would be to have zelda-style 2-frame idle sprites.   Kiss  you know, where it looks like the character's doing a little sprite dance - for npc's that are just standing around in villages and etc. I always loved this in old games, it's so simple and full of personality.  so i think we should do it. 

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »

HAY GUIZE IM BACK!!!1  Durr...?

Anyway, let's talk about the audio side of things here for a sec, namely the music. I'd really love to go in a "non-gamey" direction with soundtrack, that is avoid chiptunes, generic "orchestral" music, ambient background drones and other common game music tropes.

What I had envisioned was something along the lines of the track I posted ealrierin this thread (here's the link again for refernce), i.e. mostly calm, slow, not overly "catchy", but not "ambient" either.

Going along with unsilentwill's suggestions for the different nations here's a couple ideas on what the music for each of them might sound like:

Weaving- Possibly the my track from earlier? Not sure.

Arid- Somber, dismal, minimalist music, perhaps a bit of Spaghetti Western flair with twanging guitars and sparse rhythmic accompaniment.

Rain- Lush, melodic synth pads or fake strings, possibly minor key melody. Come to think of it, my track would fit that as well, might have to look deeper into it and wait until you guys come up with the art.

Smoke- Heavily rhythmic, metallic percussion sounds, maybe contrasted with a lead melody played by an instrument with heavy reverb on it, symbolizing the "haze".

Boss- Faster and more aggressive than the rest of the soundtrack. Might go for juxtaposition as well and make it the calmest piece.  Wink

So whaddaya think? Would this be acceptable?

Oh, and I almost forgot: Are you guys looking for tracker music (as in MOD files)? Because if that's the case I'm afraid I'll have to quit this project. I'm not too experienced with trackers and I don't really like using them either.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:27:54 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »

I AM STILL INTERESTED Mock Anger
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »

might give you guise some music as well.  get more art going!  Tongue

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »

The whole project is dangerously close to coma at the moment, please guys keep on keeping on, I'd hate to see this die.

Puh-leeze? Beg
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:54:46 PM by Z.X. Sinclair » Logged
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »

i am so sorry.  i have a project in the works and i am trying to kind of blitz it into reality, so my head is creatively there right now. 

but just to reiterate, this is going to be a top-down game?  i will try to do some stuff.  and i think the main concepts might need some tweaking but i'm just not ready to think about it right now.  i dont know.  i will try to do something if i can get to it..  it would be a shame to see this go by the wayside. 

unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »

Oh boy oh boy.

I think it's time to take some dictatorial control and start building the project with my own designs. Now this is an odd move, because you guys already suggested/designed so much. If any of you feel like I'm stealing your idea, tell me and I will try to think of a replacement.

So this thread will stay open, I'd still love any art/design ideas you have, but I won't be waiting on them and some decisions may be made without you guys. So really, the thread will remain how it's been the last two weeks.

Tim's still on board so I'll be working with him and anyone else willing to submit stuff. I will only update this thread with concrete progress (screenshots, alpha builds) rather than concept art, that is, unless you guys prefer otherwise? If nothing else, most of that stuff and beta sprite whatnot will be posted in the Wave, which as predicted by just about every blogger, is nigh useless.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I really want to play this game okay.

Ashkin
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »

I don't want to be booted off...
Please let me help! I could contribute snippets of code.. Design... Anything!
 Beg PLEASE! Beg
unsilentwill
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »

No one is booted!

Ashkin
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »

Please keep in touch with me, if there's anything I can help with, I'll try my best, please!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic