Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:09:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)Velocity [Released]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Velocity [Released]  (Read 6778 times)
PlayMeTape
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:13:40 AM »

So here's the version submitted for Gamma IV. I'm going to add sound plus I'm trying to track down some bugs. If you take the time to try it out please report back if you run into any issues!

It's actually been a tiny bit updated from the original submissions to fix a stupid issue that caused it to not draw surfaces on some graphics cards!

Connect controllers and they will automatically work. If you're missing controllers player one is controlled with spaced and player two is controlled with left Ctrl.

Right click and select "Download target as...".
Download link 1

Or, if you want to help save the world (and my bandwidth):
Download link 2

Anyone have time to try it out? Please do as I want to know if people run into any graphical issues!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:04:52 AM by Christoffer » Logged
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:29:47 AM »

Color me intrigued.  I like the style already.

@doomlaser, mark johns
PlayMeTape
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »

Cool graphics bug, easily fixed  Sad.

Making good progress,

over and out.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »

Two weeks left for polishing and I get the swine flu! Just my luck. I barely have enough energy to sit by my computer for 5 minutes a day. Hopefully I'll get better soon...
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 12:16:29 PM »

Damn, that's horrible on multiple levels Concerned

Hope you feel better soon; that's a nasty thing to have to go through.
caffeinekid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »

Get well soon. Normal flu is bad enough (especially for a man) so this sounds pretty intense!

Fingers crossed that you have the energy to complete your game, it would be a shame if you couldn't with all the work you have already put in to it.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »

Thanks guys! I'm actually feeling a lot better today. Yesterday morning I had a fever of almost 40 degrees celsius but today it's only 38,7 degrees. So I'm far from healthy but I do have some energy, only problem now is that I didn't get any sleep tonight Tongue.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 12:45:44 AM »

Being sick sucks man, glad to see you're recovering! Best of wishes.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:23 AM »

Yes it does. I feel like shit! It comes in waves so sometimes I don't feel so bad and others I feel terrible.
GKokoris
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »

Keep fightin' it, dude! It'll just make your success story all the more dramatic! Well, hello there!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »

Okay it's time to realize that I'm not going to get much better than I am now before the last submission day. I was at the doctors yesterday (finally) and I'm currently on penicillin which has made me feel a little better.

So, I've decided it's time to get to work. Flu or not this has to get done somehow... right Tongue? Well, I'm going to get to work. Wish me luck!
OneSwitch.org.uk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »

Good luck, fella! Looking forward to seeing it.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »

Thank you. I'm actually working on it right now. Very slowly but it has been over a week since I touched it so it's kind of hard getting into it.

What sucks is it feels like I won't have that extra time I thought I had to polish menus and making everything feel complete. My sister is coming home from London this friday, she's just staying until sunday so I was planning on being finished friday so that I wouldn't have to worry about it during the weekend she was here. Now I don't know what to do, I was doing so well. Cry
PlayMeTape
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Submitted! Whew, I messed with that installer for too long. Wish I had more time to test things but hey, I'm just glad I finished something for once! Good luck to all of us! Coffee
PlayMeTape
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »

Released in its first version!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:52:51 PM by Christoffer » Logged
AlbeyAmakiir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

I wanted to try your game, but it kept freezing my computer. Another game, that appears to be made with the same thing you made this with, also does it, so I think it's more a problem with my computer than your program. Pity. I really wanted to try this.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »

That's too bad. The game requires DirectX 9, .net 2.0 and XNA 3 (included in installer). Don't know if you're missing one of those. Oh well.
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »

Played it and wow....
thats was cool...
PlayMeTape
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »

I'm glad you liked it! Any noticeable graphical issues?
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »

I don't think so. Ran pretty smoothly on my computer tho it crashed once when I first tried to play it. After that it worked fine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic