Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:50:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOkay, which one of you committed this atrocity?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Okay, which one of you committed this atrocity?  (Read 5912 times)
pkt-zer0
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:04:25 PM »

Seriously.

What the hell is up with that game? Secret entry for a secret B-Game competition? I've no idea what else it might be.
Confuses and frightens me to no end.

Uhmm, discuss. I guess. I'm kind of... speechless here.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »

about the zoo race,
if it was a serious attempt at making a decent game, its a gigantic failure.
if its a joke, its pure unadultered genius.

its a thin line.
and i think its flossing its ass with it.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »

You not no read no front page??? Shocked
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

Honestly did the animator realize how atrocious those animations look? I haven't even heard the audio yet. Why would anyone pay 17.77 for this is beyond me.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

For shame...

tweet tweet @j_younger
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »

i chose to believe this is some andy kaufman caliber comedic genius.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Confuses and frightens me to no end.
[...]
I'm kind of... speechless here.

Behold, the real Polybius! Smiley

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »

When is he coming back to prove that it was all an intricate joke, you know, cancer and his death? Who was Tony Clifton in that final performance??!?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »

clifton was always played by any of 3 different guys.
Kaufman, his brother or Bob Zmuda.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 03:19:22 PM »

I know you're probably kidding, but after the initial shock of seeing this game I considered this a possibility as well.  I've decided it's probably not, because there aren't any clear clues as to it's fakery.  Intentionally bad stuff is usually easy to detect.  Therein lies the comedy.  Case in point:  Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.  If you make something fake-bad and people can't tell it's fake, everyone loses.

I can't really see the creator of this horrorfest sitting in his basement rubbing his hands together, going "Muahaha, I have fooled you all!  You are laughing at my game for the wrong reason!

tweet tweet @j_younger
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 03:31:14 PM »

I know you're probably kidding, but after the initial shock of seeing this game I considered this a possibility as well.  I've decided it's probably not, because there aren't any clear clues as to it's fakery.  Intentionally bad stuff is usually easy to detect.  Therein lies the comedy.  Case in point:  Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.  If you make something fake-bad and people can't tell it's fake, everyone loses.

I can't really see the creator of this horrorfest sitting in his basement rubbing his hands together, going "Muahaha, I have fooled you all!  You are laughing at my game for the wrong reason!

hmm, I don't know. I mean, those animations are really, *really* awful.

olücæbelel
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's a joke. I mean... No, I don't think I even have to explain myself. When I call it a joke I don't mean that in a negative way. This game is hilarious. Even the webpage is full of subtle-to-blatent mockery. Have you read the stories page?

Either way, even if it isn't a joke, it seems they're going to get both sides of the market with this carefully crafted... masterpiece? I say this in the losest sense possible!

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
wourme
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 04:11:24 PM »

I think that video is amazing regardless of the creators' intentions, but it's all the more brilliant if it was created with several disparate audiences in mind, as I suspect it may have been.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »

And I quote:

One day Hannah the Horse was racing on lots of green grass. Suddenly she noticed that lots of crows had come out.  “Look Cain!”, she declared, “The crows have come out to greet us.”, but just then she noticed that the crows were indeed flying overhead, but they also were pooping lots of poop from above.  As the noise and stench came from above, she shouted aloud, “Quick everyone!” “Let’s run into this cave over here!”.

Then Hannah noticed that the cave ending was a cliff that dropped down to a deep river far below.  Agggh!, she screamed as she fell down.  “Oh those nasty crows”, she said aloud.  “If I could just be on the moon, then there would be no more crows, because crows don’t live on the moon!”

Hannah’s Moon Trip:

On another day, however, Hannah found herself on a rocket and then afterwards on the moon itself.  While on the moon she heard the faint sound of a bird.  It was… It was crows!  The crows were on the moon!  Yes and their crow poop were there also again, but she tried hard to avoid it.

Hannah Prays:

After the race, Hannah asked the Lord about the crows.  “Lord? She asked, “Why were the crows on the moon?” “Crows don’t normally live on the moon, right?”  Then the Lord God spoke to Hannah the Horse.  “HANNAH, said the Lord.  I PUT THE CROWS ON THE MOON. DO NOT BE MAD AT THE CROWS, FOR THEY ARE ONLY A SYMBOL OF THE TRIALS AND TESTINGS THAT OCCUR IN YOUR REAL LIFE.  YOU MUST OVERCOME ALL THE OBSTACLES THAT LIFE MAY BRING YOUR WAY AND ALSO TRUST IN ME THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND YOU WILL BE A BLESSED CREATURE.

And that is exactly what Hannah the Horse did.  She trusted and praised the Lord all the days of her life.  One more thing Lord, Hannah prayed aloud.  Now that the race is finished and we are standing here on the moon, then how shall I get back down to earth again?

Then the Lord God spoke again to Hannah the Horse saying:

DIDN’T YOU SEE THAT’SPACE SHUTTLE THAT I PROVIDED FOR YOU UP ON THE MOON?  COM’ON HANNAH!   WAKE UP!   SO, GET NOAH NOW AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND BOARD THE SPACE SHUTTLE AND BLAST OFF BACK TO THE EARTH, AND OH, ALSO, HAVE A HAPPY AND FUN JOURNEY. 

“Yes Lord!” Hannah happily shouted and she quickly obeyed.

The plot thickens...

Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »

I thought that it was funny that they sell the music on a CD for $7.77, but on a different page proclaim its availability for free on MySpace.  Anybody who buys the CD gets ripped off.

I don't think that it's meant to be either a joke or a serious effort - I think that it's just the inevitable continuation of the grand tradition that is awful Bible games.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:38:28 PM by Shoot-em-upper » Logged
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »

There is just something so compelling about Zoo Race.  As fun as it is to make fun of, it really has succeeded in publicizing itself...  And It's been an object of much discussion on the forums for months.

<3 COUGAR INTERACTIVE

@doomlaser, mark johns
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »

Mhh, I once worked for a publisher who received a submission for a christian game (it was an n-lightning studios game), where you played as a christian who needed to find the first bible that was stolen by satan so Gutenberg could'nt mass print it. The only 'christian' thing about the game was the opening, the rest was a poor man's hexen, with horrid graphics, even for the time. But that was wayyyy better than the jewish pacman (imagine pacman with long payoth sideburns)...
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

I thought that it was funny that they sell the music on a CD for $7.77, but on a different page proclaim its availability for free on MySpace.  Anybody who buys the CD gets ripped off.

I don't think that it's meant to be either a joke or a serious effort - I think that it's just the inevitable continuation of the grand tradition that is awful Bible games.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet.

Well, not everyone is technically savvy enough to write music to CD. And even those that do know how to do it might rather just spend the 7.77 and save time. I might set up the Immortal Defense soundtrack for sale one day, even though the music is clearly right there out in the open in the game's directory in .ogg format, and I don't think that that'd be ripping people off.

Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »

I also don't think the music cd is a rip. I'm all for free downloads, but with the option of paying for an actual CD + case + cover art etc. Especially when you have such tasteful use of wordart as in these.

I don't know, it seems like an obvious piss-take to me, but I still have a small, lingering doubt in my mind that it is infact a serious, yet light-hearted, aimed-at-children, Christian video game. It's... a worry o_o

...I'll also note the links to sound effects on certain key words during Hannah the Horse's backstory.

Crow poop, anyone?

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »

I read the backstories and noted all the spelling errors and such, and I thought it was a joke until I saw cougar's youtube comments.

Now I can't really tell whether it's serious or a joke. Something about the attitude portrayed in his comments made the cougar guy seem slightly more authentic.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic