Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:54:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhich is easiest to control?
Poll
Question: Which of the following games has the easiest control scheme?
Mega Man
Super Mario World
Sonic the Hedgehog

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Which is easiest to control?  (Read 5857 times)
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »

Maybe if Brian Wilson had been allowed to finish Smile... but we'll never know.

Pfft.  Pet Sounds is a great album,

And Brian Wilson DID finish Smile in 2004 with another group of musicians.  It's pretty good.

@doomlaser, mark johns
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

And Brian Wilson DID finish Smile in 2004 with another group of musicians.  It's pretty good.

Alas, too late.  If it had come out in 1967 it might have made all the difference in their career.  Not that I give two shits for the Beach Boys.  I never did like their music.

tweet tweet @j_younger
goldbuick
Level 1

where am I?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »

I think I'm going to have to go with Super Mario World, because for me jumping was a lot more forgiving in that game vrs. the other two. I'm not really intense time commitment when it comes to games, and so not being frustrated by the jumping is what kept me playing. And with me personally Sonic was more like how fast can I run down this hill, OUCH I got hit.

--== AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ==--
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »

By the way - deadeye formulated the poll question correctly and that deserves praise. A lot of people in the other topic(s) said that the controls in game "x" are more precise than in game "y". I think that it's all about the controls feeling natural (like deadeye said).
I agree that for many "twitch gamers" (not a derogatory term in my book) the jumping physics in e.g. Contra might be more precise but I don't think anybody would describe them as natural and intuitive. Basically that's why Super Mario has taken the world by storm - anybody could pick up the game and immediately grasp the control scheme without putting hours and hours of practice into mastering it.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic