Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:04:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Realm of the Mad God [Flash MMO Finished]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God [Flash MMO Finished]  (Read 191760 times)
Wild Shadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »

That would be killing endless numbers of gods.

You are hardcore.  Thanks for the bug report!

Rob & Alex, Wild Shadow Studios

Wild Shadow Studios -- wildshadow.com
rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2010, 07:42:04 PM »

Speaking of bug reports, I meant to verify this one but couldn't bring myself to nerf my knight I was playing.  I found that if I was moving in a direction and right clicked on the game screen, I could waltz right through trees and such.  When I cleared the context menu away with a left click, I would be several tiles in the direction I was walking.  I reeeeally wanted to test this (to make sure it was a legit bug report) as a way to get to the islands so I could kill off all the monsters there, but since the monsters no longer spawn there I may as well post it up for someone else to verify and/or fix. Wink

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
Wild Shadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »

Here's an update on the monster population issue.

This is the Medusa server after a few hours of uptime.  Blue dots are players; white blocks are spawn points.  Green, yellow, orange and red dots are progressively harder monsters.  Not perfect, but better than before!

Rob & Alex, Wild Shadow Studios

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2010, 01:51:59 AM »

Server is awesome.  Just had an awesome play through up to level 16 knight.  Got on, died, was level one, a level 20 priest gave me loot to hold while he switched to a knight class.  He spawned clear on the other side, and kept getting spawn killed by medusa's, and couldn't make it to the other side of the map.   I felt responsible for this guys stuff, so I couldn't die and teamed up with a pally, we were nearly totally separated from the rest of the players on the map for hours.  I fought to stay alive with his loot (dragon armor, mithril sword, golden bow, greater rings, Nova spells, etc), but I couldn't reach him for at least an two hours.  Finally we both made it up to Oryx about the same time, slayed Oryx, and got tons of loot, gave him back his stuff, and I got some good loot out of it too.  I was able to use his items.  Pretty much had a full maxed out set of items myself after that.  A fun and crazy quest in it's self.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Meow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2010, 05:05:20 AM »

Is the paladin real? I don't want to kill my super rogue for nothing Sad

PS while trying to find out and creating a second window of the game I have ended up with two of the same character on the same server Tongue
ZarroTsu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:53 AM »

Is the paladin real?
I can only assume he's talking about either a priest or a Knight... although a Knight with a spell slot rather than a shield could be kick-ass. (Axe weapons? eehhh)

EDIT: No wait, there's a new class. Huh.  Kiss

PS while trying to find out and creating a second window of the game I have ended up with two of the same character on the same server Tongue

Unite and form Voltron.

Something Else I noticed while on the topic of new spell classes; "Mages" can easily equip healing spells, and "Priests" can easily equip damage spells. Not that this makes one or the other class completely useless, I'm just not sure if this was intentional. (I suppose the bottom line is how you're starting out) However, this does give the idea for ANY sorts of spell books floating around doing other weird effects like teleporting around, making yourself invisible for a while, or something. If you don't decide on fixing the spell-swap, give the Preist a shield slot (His sprite looks like it's holding a shield anyway.), and perhaps a short-range weapon, such as a mace.

ZarroTsu: I think I can explain that.
The name of my character is also Loki; if I had to guess I was playing first and have control of that name. (It's possible there's something else going on, but that seems like too much of a coincidence.)

No, something else is going on. Same happened to my mage, "Pandimo(nium)", to which I rejoined the game the same way; <Name> in text box.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:18:19 AM by ZarroTsu » Logged
John Doe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2010, 05:45:43 AM »

An idea on how to make finding each other on the map easier, make the dots representing players on the minimap different colours based on class. It's easier to say "The southernmost rogue" than "The third most south person". Also it encourages grouping in different classes, because it's easier to find people of another class. Lastly people using this to find each other will think they are being clever, which is always a good thing.

Also: When two players put an item into the same slot of a bag at the same time, one of the items gets stuck, and floats on the screen of the person who put it in, and until that person leaves the server it stays on their inventory, and they are unable to put any items on that slot. Really annoying as I lost a greater health ring, and a missile wand I was giving to someone else.
Awesome game!
Meow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »

Few levels of priest away from Paladin, although realising it's as slow as the knight means I'll probably be a sad bunny when I get it. I'll go back to rogue later~
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

Yeah, Pally is real.  Was playing with Geko, a paladin just recently.  Kinda looked like a viking imo.  Fought like a knight, cast like a Mage.

Also, I like having Oryx marked on the mini-map.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Wild Shadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2010, 10:57:26 AM »

Yea, sorry for the late post, we pushed build 69 last night which includes the new Paladin class.  It should also fix a few outstanding bugs (item duplicating, etc.) and make Oryx a little bit harder for melee classes.  As always, play at:

Thanks for the other bug reports.  We are working hard to squash them all.  We haven't been able to reproduce the right-clicking bug so if anyone else sees this, let us know. 

Thanks for playing,
Alex & Rob, Wild Shadow Studios

ZarroTsu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2010, 11:24:39 AM »

We haven't been able to reproduce the right-clicking bug

-1- Hold down a direction

-2- Hold down left click

-3- Right click

-4- Release the direction

This is more-so a problem with flash than a problem with the game specifically. I notice if you right click on its own, the menu will close instantly after it opens; however in order to remedy the bug, you'd need to disable right-click entirely - as in not letting flash even register its existence.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:35:10 AM by ZarroTsu » Logged
John Doe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

By the way, the long peninsula in the west (Nu and Xi on ZarroTsu's map thing) has too many spawn points on it. Loads of people get spawned on it and then move east, and so it gets depopulated really fast, and quickly there are almost no enemies there.

Second, the rogue/archer should probably get a third kind of armour, even if it's exactly the same defense as studded leather. The problem being, that studded leather only drops on mid level monsters, so most players who just go from low level monsters to god's never get it.
Wild Shadow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »

We have pushed a new version with some new UI elements to allow for server selecting.  Also we have attempted to distribute the spawn points more evenly across the map.  Hopefully this will spread the low level creature depopulation more equally.  Here is a map of the new spawns (white boxes):

Let us know if you find any bugs.

Thanks for playing,
Alex & Rob, Wild Shadow Studios

Kloi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »

What are the differences between mages and priests right now, besides starting equiptment?
Also, what happened to the stat boosting potions, I haven't found any recently.
Sad

This game is madly addicting; I would gladly pay for it if you kept on adding new things.
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »

This game is madly addicting; I would gladly pay for it if you kept on adding new things.

I could almost certainly be talked into licensing the music to you for a commercial version. Smiley

John Doe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2010, 09:13:57 AM »

The amount you heal over time should increase based on your level or max health, because when you are level 20 with 600+ health 1hp/s or whatever it is now is way too little.

Also: me and meow are trying to get to 75 attack 75 defense and 75 speed through stat potions, we are both archers so we will have tripleshot :D. Right now I'm on attack: 66 defense: 21 speed: 63. Archers have so little defense Sad

Edit: Ok now I have ATT: 75 DEF: 31 SPD: 73 and four spare attack potions to give to meow when he logs on :D
And a guy called Lorazon is a dirty cheater, he got to 75 75 75 by duping the potions.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:40:39 PM by John Doe » Logged
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »

I wish the mute button actually muted the game.  It stops the music but not the pew pew sounds.

ZarroTsu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »

I wish the mute button actually muted the game.  It stops the music but not the pew pew sounds.

Maybe "M" to mute music, and "N" for sound?

I'm also glad to see some of these build updates; even if not yet noted.

- Paladin now only requires level 20 priest, rather than its old 20Knight 20Priest. Still sort of a steep requirement, in my opinion, as I personally have trouble with a priest even with full power equipment, and would suggest only a level 10 requirement; but I suppose others have found Priest overpowered? Since it's a cross-class, maybe the requirement of 10Fighter 10Priest should be used? (It -is- a Cross-class.) Considering Knight is more of a checkpoint character than anything, I'd think Priest might do the same some time in the future too (Although this is hard to fathom since they have two ring slots rather than any armor; but I suppose the left ring could be a minor magic.)

- Current character is now shown as "*Name* the *class*", with a delete button under the silhouette. I sort of wonder if this will be used for multiple save slots in the future; but this seems like it could defeat the purpose of the game (One of them anyway).

- Able to change between 4 servers now. It could just be me, but "First Open" seems to drop me off in "Medusa", the next one down. Is "First Open" full? Does it even exist?
Iron Xides
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »

- Paladin now only requires level 20 priest, rather than its old 20Knight 20Priest. Still sort of a steep requirement, in my opinion, as I personally have trouble with a priest even with full power equipment, and would suggest only a level 10 requirement; but I suppose others have found Priest overpowered? Since it's a cross-class, maybe the requirement of 10Fighter 10Priest should be used? (It -is- a Cross-class.) Considering Knight is more of a checkpoint character than anything, I'd think Priest might do the same some time in the future too (Although this is hard to fathom since they have two ring slots rather than any armor; but I suppose the left ring could be a minor magic.)

If you're careful, it's pretty easy to survive as a priest. Use your high speed and long range wand to circlestrafe or simply avoid big monsters. You can also use both HP and magic potions to heal, so you should never run around injured for very long.

- Able to change between 4 servers now. It could just be me, but "First Open" seems to drop me off in "Medusa", the next one down. Is "First Open" full? Does it even exist?

"First Open" isn't a specific server, it just tries to connect you to whichever server has slots open. Medusa doesn't seem to be filling up, so it always puts people there.
Kloi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

With a priest I would recommend equipping two greater defense rings; it becomes incredibly powerful at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic