Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:43:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDual Zone: Postmortem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dual Zone: Postmortem  (Read 1538 times)
AgeR
Level 0

Ninja Fever

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »

Hi!
Postmortem: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/EloyRibera/20100113/3072/Indie_Postmortem_Dual_Zone.php

I'm from Ninja Fever  Ninja, a new independent game development studio. We released Dual Zone, our first video game, on December and it's now available on Xbox Live Indie Games at 240 MSP. We have just released an update with some usability improvements.

The core team for the game has been one programmer and one artist, developing the game from scratch and also learning XNA/C# on the way, in 2 and a half months.

We want to continue spreading the word, so here we are  Beer!

We are searching for your feedback & feelings. The game has received some good reviews, but unfortunately it's not selling the way we desired Roll Eyes, so we want to hear the voice of the user (because we are developing games for you!). We are preparing a postmortem, but we want to hear different opinions at first.

If you have the chance, please try the demo and post your opinion. It will be really appreciated!

Dual Zone trailer:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:06:04 AM by AgeR » Logged

AgeR
Level 0

Ninja Fever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

Some screenshots of the game, hope you like them!

We will be glad to answer any of your questions (if you have any!). We are a studio that want to always stay in touch with the user, let us now your feelings about the game  Wink.

You can find Dual Zone on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

AgeR
Level 0

Ninja Fever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:05:48 AM »

You can read our postmortem at Gamasutra: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/EloyRibera/20100113/3072/Indie_Postmortem_Dual_Zone.php

Hope you like the postmortem!

Also, give Dual Zone a try if you can, and please, share your feelings with us  Smiley

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »

I haven't tried the game, so I wouldn't know

but it seems that the trailer tells me nothing about the gameplay :/ or maybe I didn't understand it

AgeR
Level 0

Ninja Fever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »

It seems you are right: a lot of people have complained about the trailer not being the best one possible. Trailer features gameplay, but fails explaining it in a proper way.

You have to control two spaceships, red and blue (only one if you are playing coop mode). If you collide one ship with the other (or its particle trail) you lose one life. Also, your mission is to clear the arena from enemies. To achieve that, red spaceship has to collide with red enemies (you can use also your particle tail), and blue spaceship has to do the same with blue enemies.

The games has simple gameplay, but it's really challenging as levels increase. It also features a "Panic mode", with a kind of time attack gameplay, playable also in solo & coop modes.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic