Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:41:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRush Limbaugh's Pill Panic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh's Pill Panic  (Read 2293 times)
K. Thor Jensen
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »

Another bizarre quasi-topical game done in 48 hours for work, this one a homage to forgotten NES classic Zombie Nation.

Play here.
gunmaggot
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »

Rush has a tough life Sad

I like this game.  Only issue I had was that it was a bit easy - I wasn't coming close to dying and things started looping so I quit in the end.  Maybe mix up some of the moonbats - a couple of Obamas and a Franken on screen at the same time would be pesky.

***** A++
TheDustin
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »

The mechanics are completely divorced from the subject matter. What do those blocks represent? The addiction mechanic was basic; pills appear and you eat them. As a game qua game its uninteresting as well. I love slandering batshit-crazy radio hosts as much as the next guy, but if you're going to make a game its interactive elements should be at the forefront. But because this was made in 48 hours for a job it's excusable.   
gunmaggot
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »

The mechanics are completely divorced from the subject matter. What do those blocks represent?

They're concrete blocks.
TheDustin
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:40:57 PM »

The mechanics are completely divorced from the subject matter. What do those blocks represent?

They're concrete blocks.

Exactly my point. What, does Senor Limbaugh have to be wary of confronting liberal bigwigs and not running headfirst into concrete blocks? No wonder he pops Xannies. The fact that running into Rush's enemies results in nothing but pain is an unintended hilarity, but seriously this is as much of a political statement as saying "Obama is a poo-poo head." Oh wait, I just stole a headline from Fox News*. Maybe this isn't that far off the mark then.

*Fair and Balanced
pgil
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »

I think the main problem with this game is that it screams "Look at how funny and topical I am!"

It's like "look, Rush is popping pills! That' been in the news! Look! Sean Penn! He's liberal! Just like Rush isn't! LOOK AT ME AIN'T I CUTE?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:51:30 PM by pgil » Logged
gunmaggot
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »

They're concrete blocks.

Exactly my point. What, does Senor Limbaugh have to be wary of confronting liberal bigwigs and not running headfirst into concrete blocks?

That's pretty much the only thing that kept me from dismissing the game on the grounds pgil did.  If it was Nancy Pelosi or whatever instead of concrete blocks, the game would probably be pure garbage - if you could level any criticism against the concrete block motif it's more that's it's a case of forced wackiness than a lack of thematic consistency, but I think it somehow balances out the forced topicalness.
TheDustin
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »

They're concrete blocks.

Exactly my point. What, does Senor Limbaugh have to be wary of confronting liberal bigwigs and not running headfirst into concrete blocks?

That's pretty much the only thing that kept me from dismissing the game on the grounds pgil did.  If it was Nancy Pelosi or whatever instead of concrete blocks, the game would probably be pure garbage - if you could level any criticism against the concrete block motif it's more that's it's a case of forced wackiness than a lack of thematic consistency, but I think it somehow balances out the forced topicalness.

I was being sarcastic. Tongue
gunmaggot
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »

It's TIGSource.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »

How odd.  I went to high school in Seattle with a guy named Thor Jensen.  We sat next to each other in art class.  Are you that Thor Jensen?  I mean really, how many guys named Thor Jensen could there be out there?

Of course, if you're not him then I suppose there must be more than one.

tweet tweet @j_younger
gunmaggot
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Thor_Jensen

Probably.  He's a pretty well known e-celeb, and he was also on an episode of blind date!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »

Oh, well then.  Yeah, I guess you must be the same guy.

Remember when those thugs in the back of the class stole your Game Boy?  And I guess they must have felt sorry for you because a day or two later they gave it back.  Heh, good times.

You were always kind of a jerk to me, though Sad

As for the game, it's not very challenging.  I stopped playing when the pattern started over.  Good way to waste a few minutes, I guess.  But then the game's not the thing, is it?  I suppose a good sequel might be having to catch Glenn Beck's falling tears in an American flag before they touch the ground.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:54:18 PM by deadeye » Logged

tweet tweet @j_younger
K. Thor Jensen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »

I'm sorry I was a jerk to you, whoever you are.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »

Hey, Heavy.com, I used to work there.  Gentleman

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic