Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:41:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRaskulls
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Raskulls  (Read 3266 times)
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:58:48 AM »

Hey dudez.

Halfbrick, the company i work for is just about to release their largest game yet, Raskulls to xbla very soon.

www.raskulls.com

I'm a little unsure posting this here as i know we are technically indie, as in we are funding our own original ip. But as we also do licensed work for publishers as a way of paying for our own development, so im sure but that probably disqualifys us in the eyes of many. Not really something i want to debate though i wouldnt mind hearing your guys opinions on it Smiley.

Anyway i really just wanted to show you guys the game :D!

I personally did a few weeks work on the game when i first started but i didn't really do any significant work as i was moved onto another internal team working on psp minis games.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:23:48 AM by Muzz » Logged

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:50:44 AM »

That looks like a lot of fun!

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:41:16 AM »

Looks lovely. I imagine everyone might compare it as a platformer version of Castle Crashers, but for me anyway, that sounds like something I'd definitely want to have Smiley

Is there any specific date when it's going to be out?

Last release: sync::routine
anosou
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:10:34 AM »

I've been eyeing this since I came across the Halfbrick titles on XBLIG. Will probably pick it up  Gentleman
JHJS4LIFE
Level 0

biokinton commando

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »

game contains koalas. must purchase.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:25:15 PM by JHJS » Logged
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »

:D.

Jimbob, i don't think we have a specific date. I think we are still a few months off release. Sorry that i dont really have anything solid to tell you :/.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:35 AM »

Looks like a great extension of the basic Mr. Driller gameplay. Looking forward to that. Might make me fire up the 360 for the first time in perhaps a year Smiley

Corpus
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 02:45:35 AM »

This looks really nice. The polish of the website does it a lot of favours, as well.

I don't have access to an xbox very often at the minute, but next time I can get ahold of one I'll give this game a try!
ecliptic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

Looks good, but where's the PC version? I'd totally consider this one if there were.
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 02:07:10 AM »

Ecliptic: tell me when its cool for a 4 people to sit around a computer keyboard trying to beat each other in a race.... 

Tongue.

Actually ill shoot the guys that question tomorrow, but i highly doubt a pc build has been considered, just simply because of the sort of game it is.

Corpus: Yeah, we are really happy with the site ourselves, I think we got the same guy that did the blurst site and the cortex command site Smiley.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 02:09:40 AM »

Windows fully supports wired Xbox 360 controllers and a raft of other game controllers as well. It is also capable of using a network connection to connect to other computers to play games via a host of network protocols.

Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:14:43 AM »

yeah i know about that, but i wasnt being completly serious with the keyboard comment  Shrug. like i said I'll ask the guys tomorrow about it, as i just got home from work a few hours ago.

But in seriousness do you think that there would be much of a pc market for a game like this, as opposed to the xbla market?

ecliptic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 06:43:56 AM »

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I've had some great times co-op playing old NeoGeo games and Capcom beat-em ups on my PC with friends. Smiley I think single system multiplayer is something that has sadly been rather overlooked these days. And online play would probably be outside of the scope of such a project, but that would be neat too.

Also, you can only play Mr. Driller so many times, it'd be nice to have something different, even in a single-player only context. Although, disregard this comment if the game is predominantly focused on the multiplayer aspect. Tongue

The market is probably not as strong on PC, but I figured the effort in porting something from 360 to PC with XNA couldn't be that great, though I'm clearly making an assumption here.
ecliptic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 06:46:49 AM »

I actually can't think of any similar games out for PC, so at least in that regard you'll probably have less competition. The closest there is would probably be the PopCap games, which other than PvZ do nothing for me.

I just saw a puzzle game called Magnetis released on Steam, so it's not unheard of.
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

I just asked my boss about a pc build, and his answer was pretty much what i though. It's not completely ruled out, but for now its not planned.
So i wouldn't be expecting it, but if we decide to you guys will be the first to know. Wink

Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 09:09:19 PM »

Destructoid just posted a game play video preview, with our marketing guy.

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-raskulls-campaign-developer-walkthrough-160527.phtml#comment

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic