Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:01:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallQuozzle Quest is out!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Quozzle Quest is out!  (Read 2009 times)
Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:33 AM »

Hi,

I did this the last months for the IPhone. If you want some Promo-Codes, let me know

It is a very slow experience, there is a secret game, you have to find out the rules yourself and what it does to the main game...

thanks for any feedback.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:04:15 AM by Newbrof » Logged
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »

I watched the trailer, and yet I have absolutely no idea how you play this game. Are you supposed to be matching tiles?

Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

yeah, the video is just for impressions. The game has a tutorial where you learn the basics. Some rules you have to explore.

Think of Scrabble but with colors instead of letters

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »

Hm, okay. So, what's the challenge here? Is it to make sure that you don't end up without any moves remaining? Or is it more of an exploration game? (I couldn't help but notice the Castlevania-style map over what looks like a giant body of some kind.)

By the way, I really like the music, and the butterflies are a nice touch. Smiley

Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »

yes, you have 10 moves/ rounds to fill your green XP , then the board will be cleared. If you run out of moves it's game over. Later on you get Quests like : Create 3 blue butterflys in a certain time (you can set your time limit)...

The rules for placing pieces are similar to Scrabble (colors instead of letters)...

The hidden mini-game (8x8 white flickering squares) is a match 3 game where you can give your XP a little boost. But the rules for the minigame are secret, you have to explore the mechanism.

do you need a promo-code? The LITE version was submitted today, should be out sooner or later.

Thanks for your interest! It is really tough to get somebody interested in your work.
aznmonk
Level 0

There and back again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »

could i get a promo code? :]
Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »

does anyone know the music of John Cage? Quozzle was partly inspired by a piece of John Cage "As Slow As Possible" ... so I did that. A videogame as slow as possible. How slow is that? Very, very slow.
Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »

here is what I mean

Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 08:05:37 AM »

btw. it is a puzzle game which is getting slower and slower when you play it, but that does not make it easier (compare that principle to puzzle games which usually are getting faster and faster). Actually there is no puzzle game out there which is getting slower and slower, right?

So it might not be fun or practical, but it is one of the F*** you gamee design school,   Wink

I am releasing that portion of the game as a LITE Version, named As Slow As Possible.

cheers,
aznmonk
Level 0

There and back again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

promo code please? :]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic