Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:39:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsduck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: duck!  (Read 4062 times)
BoxedLunch
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »

Once upon a time, there was a young duck and his name was duck. He had a girlfriend who was a platypus and they loved each other very much. But one day, (as in most relationships) she was possesed by a giant pretzel with cheese and she flew far, far away. duck was worried, so he embarked on a perilous journey through twisted and magical lands to find her. Because that's just what ducks do man. it's just what ducks do...

duck! is the result of two older projects of mine melding with some of my twisted drawings i do during spare time at school. It is essentially a puzzle platformer wherein you often go out of your way to help people so they can give you a lead on where your girlfriend is.

Pretty much every character in the game is from a doodle of mine and they all will be pretty damn weird.  Gentleman

This game is also going to have multiple endings which will depend on certain things you do or don't do in the game. So you might not complete the game on the first attempt.

Screenshots

Currently I am working on the first chapter and I hope to have a demo out by late Feburary.

Keep checkin' back and I hope to make your mind asplode of weirdness.   Hand Thumbs Up LeftCrazy
Alomard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »

looks good. especially that duck sprite, i love it.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:56:17 AM »

I approve.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

right now the backgrounds are a little boring.

make them as weird as your character designs!

<3

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »

fuck yeah Kiss
love where this is going, wizard Wizard

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »

i like the extra wide c64 pixels, brings back memories of yellowy hummy electronical videogame joy.
Jonathan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »

Pretty much every character in the game is from a doodle of mine and they all will be pretty damn weird.
What a great idea!  This reminded me of how my friends and I used to draw all over our notes back in school; if we were to go through and make characters out of all those sketches it would definitely yield some interesting results.  So far the backgrounds are a bit plain, but perhaps the contrast will really make your characters pop.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »

Pretty much every character in the game is from a doodle of mine and they all will be pretty damn weird.
What a great idea!  This reminded me of how my friends and I used to draw all over our notes back in school; if we were to go through and make characters out of all those sketches it would definitely yield some interesting results.  So far the backgrounds are a bit plain, but perhaps the contrast will really make your characters pop.
Although there isn't much of a background in the first world, I still plan to use a pretty simple tile set in it which will kind of lessen the boringness of the graphics.

By the way, I'm glad everyone is interested!  Grin
BoxedLunch
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »

hi everybody. the game's development is alive and well. i'm also making a wallpaper for your computers, it shows duck and his girlfriend standing on a floating platform. It's simple, I figured it looks nice.
soon I will be looking for testers who will test every version and give me some feedback.
basically, you will get to see all of the versions, rather than just the one chapter demo.

more coming soon,
                    Daray Coffee
Shizin
Level 0

I'll try not to give up.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »

This looks really cool!  I can't wait to see the demo.
Sorry for this stupid question, but is this for windows?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic