Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:21:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Boulder Dodge [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boulder Dodge [FINISHED]  (Read 5680 times)
EzekielKnight
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

BOULDER DODGE
Design and Implementation: EZEKIELKNIGHT
Art: ARACHNE
Font: ONEUP
Music and Sounds: AARON P, ATUUN, FEEBLETHEMIGHTY

This my first finished game in Game Maker. Hopefully it's not too bad. Fingers crossed the highscore does not break. Smiley

• Control with the arrow keys.
  • F4 to toggle windowed/fullscreen.
  • Game starts with 60 seconds remaining. Collect treasure to score as high as possible before the time runs out.
  • Available pickups will increase score multiplier, time and movement speed.

Having trouble uploading my game to yoyogames.com so I've uploaded it to dropbox for now.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3933610/Game%20Maker%20Games/Boulder%20Dodge/Boulder%20Dodge.exe
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:19:36 PM by EzekielKnight » Logged
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »

Liked: Simple concept well executed. The power-ups make sense, and it's very easy to understand what the player is supposed to do.

Disliked: Very little feedback when a boulder hits the player. It needs some kind of an explosion or effect. Also, a '-5' could pop up near the player to show that getting hit loses you time.

Conclusion: Ok as a little time waster, but got tired fairly quickly. I didn't feel any great need to come back to beat my best score. Would perhaps have fitted better as a flash portal game.

EzekielKnight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:36 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Oddball. I agree that the game does need some more polish and would have benefited from a shared highscore list. Smiley
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »

Fun and simple little game; I mostly agree with Oddball. Something I would've liked was smaller hitboxes on the player or boulders. When you had three or four coming at you at once, it felt like simply getting too close to them would count as a hit.

Oh, and small but ignorable bug on your highscore list: the font only has uppercase letters  Wink

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »

This is neat. You make all the different assets work together really nicely.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic