Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:39:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGame Jolt Rogue Contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Jolt Rogue Contest  (Read 1712 times)
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

Hey everyone, we've got another game-making contest going on over at Game Jolt right now, and the theme is "rogue".

When people hear the word "rogue", most seem to think of RPG's and roguelikes, but we're encouraging all that enter to use the word and/or its definition in any way they like for their contest entries. If anyone wants to make the next Dwarf Fortress, hey, be our guest, but any genre is more than welcome. Smiley

The contest will run for two weeks (it will end the midnight between January 24 and January the 25 Eastern US Time).

All the rules and information can be found here. Hope to see you there. Smiley

PlayMeTape
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

Wow, great fun! Would definitely participate if Gamma wasn't taking up all of my time! If I find I have some time over at the end I might do something tiny. Just like last time Wink
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »

I liked your entry in the last compo man, so I hope you'll get the chance. Have fun with Gamma in the mean time though (what an awesome theme; one-button)!

PlayMeTape
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

Thanks, it rocked your socks off didn't it  Cheesy? I got an idea for this contest which I will at least start developing once I've got some time. Whether or not I finish it is another matter.
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »

I like the theme! Started working on my entry, for whatever reason I try doing things I've never done before whenever I have a time limit. This time its all that randomly generated stuff. Hopefully I can get it working right. Heres  a screeny:

The plans to make it so you grab random objects and hurl them out the window into a truck while avoiding guards. (I've been working on their AI for a while now; they'll follow you up and down there stairs. Hopefully it'll be pretty challenging. xP)

Anyways, looking forward to seeing other entries! Awesome theme and awesome poster! :D

My games on  GameJolt.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic