Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:25:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNEW Fps Horror Experiment: The Hunt (Patched)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: NEW Fps Horror Experiment: The Hunt (Patched)  (Read 25946 times)
Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 03:05:50 AM »

Wow... That was... frightening... I played the other game you did (Au Sable I think?) and it was intense but nowhere near as frightening as this game...  Epileptic Thanks for resurrecting this thread tmth
Ape
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »

I truly love your style of presenting mood in game. I jumped a few times, especially in the open areas where you must really watch your back. I know you didn't want to spend too much time on the game but I would have liked to see a little more variety. However, I'm not sure if I actually made it to the end or if I just walked in the wrong direction and game over...

*Spoiler?* Maybe reminiscent of Half-Life's ending?

I really liked where the fog changes color from red to black. Freaky stuff. And, under the circumstances, I think you did a pretty good job of guiding the player. It would have been pretty easy to get lost if you didn't take your time with adding the blood guide to the floor. 

Nice job! 
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »

Here is a quick run i made:

It ran ok-ish under WINE (i have Mac OS X only available here), although i couldn't go fullscreen and there were some glitches. However it has a nice atmosphere :-).

I couldn't record audio so i used some music which had a similar horror style :-P.

~bs~
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »

Well THAT was disconcerting.

The sound is particularly good.  The voices on the second or third level reminds me of some of the stuff that I get when I play with GranuLab.
metamorphosis
Level 0

Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »

It's also probably pretty buggy.  Runs fine on several computers ive tested, but my Netbook spaces all the tiles out by 200% and makes everything look even weirder.

I get upon running the game:
for object obj_wall_basic:

Error in code at line 3:
     d3d_draw_wall(x1,y1,z1,x2,y2,z2,tex,1,1);

at position 18: Unknown variable x1
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic