Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:13:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTo the Teeth
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: To the Teeth  (Read 1504 times)
Alomard
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »

To the Teeth is a platforming shooter that I'm working on.
I actually have a number of projects on the go in different stages of completion, so I will probably post other devlogs for them soon. I am undecided as to what I want to finish first, and I want to see what sort of feedback they get here.

To the Teeth is in very early stages, but I do have a test room to share, try it out and let me know what you think.

DOWNLOAD TEST ROOM
http://www.mediafire.com/?u1zmmuz2q5y

there are still some placeholder graphics, notably the explosions and the damaged barrels, and the character graphics will see some polish as well. nothing is really set in stone yet, besides the tiles.

the player can move around with the the left and right arrow keys, the up and down arrow keys are for aiming the current weapon, x is for jumping, and c fires the current weapon, which at the moment is a rocket launcher. I intend to add lots of other weapons.

the weapon fires in the direction you are facing, or if you are aiming up or down, it will fire in that direction instead. the rocket launcher is single fire, so you must release c in order to fire again. it also has a timed reload, something which i will later indicate with a sound or graphic. the barrels in the room explode, as you might have guessed, and can cause adjacent barrels to explode as well.

i have no estimates about when this will be finished, however I will update the devlog when I make significant changes. I am currently working alone on this project, but my programming skills are still rather humble, so if you are interested in programming for this project, let me know.
Alomard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »

a little update. to begin with, the player will have only a single point of health, but certain items will safeguard the player from damage. the helmet he wears, for example, will protect him from some types of damage, but will fall off. the player may then collect the helmet to wear it again, but there will be an overheating timer before it can be re-equipped. for example, an explosion next to the player knocks his helmet off, the player collects the helmet off the ground, but it is still red hot and unusable for a few moments. other items may grant temporary invulnerability or temporary hit points that expire over time (whiskey) , or have limited use that activate upon taking damage(morphene).

all enemies will drop a weapon. they will have individual ammo reserves which will deplete as they fire at you, so if you want their weapon, its best to kill them before they use all the ammo for it, although there will be other ways to collect ammo. there will be a limit to how many weapons the player can carry at once, which will start at 1 and increase until it reaches 4, although i havent decided if this should be determined by experience, game progress, or some other mechanic.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic