Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:43:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTreasureline
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Treasureline  (Read 29807 times)
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

Golly. Those legs are adorable, Lazycow. I still think a different head-shape would work better, though. Wink

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »

This is rapidly shaping up into the finest isometric non-interactive dragon simulation of all time.

Though adding a game on at some point could also be fun.

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

A gameplay demo should be possible this month, but only if I cut some things (wings) for the first demo...

Amazing, I'm really looking forward to that! The new dragon looks awesome! Will you release the code? I'd like to have a look at the drawing function of this dragon there Wink
Lazycow
Level 2

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »

@Inane: Yes, I remember... like this?  Shocked

@RotateMe: Handling these bubbles is not really that difficult. Let's look at the very first dragon-test. The 1st tail-bubble just follows the body-bubble. And the 2nd tail-bubble the 1st tail-bubble, etc. The next (and final) step is to take a look at the angle between the bubbles and adjust the position if the angle gets too big. divide et impera.

<Nanovoid><Treasureline><Pharaohs Return>
Zulli: "Is this game really being programmed or are you just torturing us?"
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »

I think that head is a bit big.
RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010, 07:02:49 AM »

@RotateMe: Handling these bubbles is not really that difficult. Let's look at the very first dragon-test. The 1st tail-bubble just follows the body-bubble. And the 2nd tail-bubble the 1st tail-bubble, etc. The next (and final) step is to take a look at the angle between the bubbles and adjust the position if the angle gets too big. divide et impera.

Sounds indeed not too hard, also I was rather wondering about how you determined what has to be displayed first but felt stupid when I realized you probably just have to sort them by their y-arguments?
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »

Dudes, I'm back on TIGsource after a ton of time and the game isn't finished yet?! It's on of the sweetest looking games around here, finish it already!

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »

Dudes, I'm back on TIGsource after a ton of time and the game isn't finished yet?! It's on of the sweetest looking games around here, finish it already!

I second this!
Lazycow
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2010, 02:52:06 AM »

This is a team project. (feel free to contact me if you want to contribute)
Nevertheless, I will continue working on it next year. Thank you for your continuing "support" Gentleman

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2010, 05:38:22 AM »

This is a team project. (feel free to contact me if you want to contribute)

I didn't want to sound harsh, everybody has its business to mind first. Gentleman

Lazycow
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2011, 03:39:58 AM »

This time, I tried to compile it for the iPhone simulator. (doubling the graphics, because of the small display) But how do I control my hero without a joypad?

I have tried some RPG's on the iPhone, and these virtual joypads are sometimes really evil. (and sometimes only a bit evil) On "100 Rogues", you move your hero by touching to the moving destination, which works much better, but then again you cannot see the screen because your hand is in the way.

Any suggestions? What is your prefered controller on the iPhone?

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2011, 04:39:55 AM »

I always thought of an intended cross pad and buttons on the bottom of the screen in a non-transparent section of it to slightly resemble a Game Boy. Or would that be a demonic method like the virtual joysticks?
Chris Pavia
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »

I always prefer controls that embrace the iPhone's touch interface and utilize what sets it apart from other systems, instead of taking the lazy man's route and using virtual d-pads/joysticks. Of course there are some scenarios where they are useful, but it should be a last resort (IMHO). Removing the barrier of a d-pad/joystick and interacting with the game directly can lead to a more immersive experience if done properly, especially if you can make the player interactions mimic the character interactions. Examples could be slashing across an enemy to attack, holding up a shield to defend, drawing the AOE of a spell.
Ashkin
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »

I've played a game, one of those dual-joystick shooters- depending on where you touch the screen with your thumbs, it would create the joystick there and you could slide your thumb from there, then when you lifted your thumb and placed it somewhere else, the joystick would be created there.
Also, Treasureline for iOS? I would pay good money for this Kiss Hand Money Right
Lazycow
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2012, 01:23:41 AM »

new - old

This is a test to change the player sprite from 16x16 pixels to 16x24 pixels. The new sprite also has 8 moving directions now, instead of 4. Better?

(it has the same head as the old silverline-graphics. So if the Silverline-project gets revived, it will be not too difficult to update the Silverline-graphics. Just in case...)

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2012, 01:15:31 PM »

I thought this was dead!  Shocked
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »

Just went through all the pages of this devlog and it's nice to see this is still going, project is looking great. Also like the new character sprite. Think the 8 moving directions will work nicely.

Lazycow
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

No, but it's frozen... I don't know what I do next, Treasureline or a plattform game...

oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »

No, but it's frozen... I don't know what I do next, Treasureline or a plattform game...

please, please, please finish this. I'll personally fund it.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2012, 02:36:30 PM »

I sent you an email!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic