Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:19:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTasukete! [BETA 1]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tasukete! [BETA 1]  (Read 2565 times)
medieval
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »

A very fast-paced SHMUP which makes you feel as if you're on crack. That's already enough reason to play it.

Controls:
Arrow keys: Move (duh)
Z: Shoot
X: Laser (Not exactly functioning right)

Screenies:

Credits:
Programming:
Danny (Revel Games) - Gameplay
Revel (Revel Games) - Online
Medieval (MediYama.Net) - Level designer
Ark (No website) - Debugging

Graphics:
Medieval (MediYama.Net) - All graphics except the Revel Games logo and some effects.

Music:
FMOD for GM by Smarty (Based on FMOD by Fireflight technologies)
Knallkacken song by Lizardking from MOD Archive

Download Tasukete!
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:37 AM »

SHMUP, eh?
Fast paced, is it?
On crack, you say?

I gotta try this one out... Smiley

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »

Just got done trying it out...

Firstly, I really, really liked the scribble-art, good stuff Smiley

Kudos on that.

Now for the constructive criticism...

For a game that is supposed to make you feel like your on crack the game actually moves quite slow. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that 1) it takes too many hits to kill an enemy and 2) the ship's movement is somewhat "floaty" which makes it very difficult to control.

Oddly, the music would have fit if it wasn't for the fact that the game itself was not moving as fast as the music was.

I also felt that the ship should be scaled down a bit, when there are a million little bullets coming at you it is quite difficult to maneuver through them in the ship's current size.

The amount of bullets that are shoot in the very beginning could use some tweaking as well, as things get pretty damn hectic right at the start and it seems like it takes an eternity to kill anything. Maybe make the ship's bullets do more damage or allow the laser to do more damage so as to dispatch the enemies in a quicker manner?

Anyways, I really like the feel of this game and I think it has a lot of potential. I hope my comments help. Keep up the good work man Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »

Wow, this really has style.  The graphics look like they have been drawn on a very shaky blackboard, giving the game a beautiful, imperfect feel.  I love the MOD music as well, and actually thought it fit rather well.

I agree with earlier posts; the game moves rather slow.  Those little enemies take too many hits to kill, and the ship is a bit too slow-moving.  I would suggest also decreasing the collision size of the ship, and possibly decreasing the amount of health you have, as it would obviously be easier to dodge stuff once you are smaller.  Again, this has been said before.

You should probably allow the player to switch to fullscreen, and eliminate the cursor.

Good game, though!  I love the style!

~ Theta Games

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 08:14:52 PM »

I must say that, like the others, I felt the action was slow. It took so much time to detsroy an enemy that it slowed down the pac eof the game. I think that adding alot more enemies with less hp it would be more interesting.

I didn,t play much because of this. The artwork and general direction of the game is really nice, it just needs to make it all faster. As mentionned earlier, tweaking the ship's speed and the enemeies hp would change lot the experience...

Later!

bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 01:28:43 AM »

Casting the movement speed issue aside, I liked bouncing off the walls to get speed. If you can implement wall bouncing in a controllable way you can claim it a feature.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic