Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 02:16:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignmy design blog about games and architecture
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: my design blog about games and architecture  (Read 3650 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »

To be brutally honest about all this, I really don't think I'm educated/experienced enough in either architecture or games to be writing this blog [...]

There are much less knowledgeable people wrinting about topics. Your blog is a interesting read - I don't care if you finished a game yet or not. You observer things, you think about your observations and you share your thoughts. That is alright, and it's on the reader to decide if this is useful for them or not.

Haajo is right + if you wait to be good to do something you will never get good at it, just do it, make mistake, improve, learn ... So keep your blog update as often as possible!

That's how we get experience, do be too modest the more quickly you brag the more quickly someone intelligent will prove you wrong AND you will learn and that's the point  Wink Ok this is subject to your personality, but some people are very passionate about what they do, feel, believe without thinking much about themselves.

DO!
LEARN!
IMPROVE!

Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »

Good stuff.

Chiming in on the "make a game first" theory, I'd agree that you don't need to have released one to write intellgent and interesting posts on the topic you've chosen. So write on!

On the other hand, I am very much the big thinker/idea/question the norms guy as well.  But now that I am neck deep in actual game development, with tangible playable games - I can tell you that there is nothing more humbling than getting your hands dirty and making that game.  Fantastic theories and thought-provoking ideas gly out the window quickly when you start dealing with technical limitations, execution issues, and watching good ideas fizzle upon coming to life (the "oh, that's actually not fun at all" realization). 

Anyhow, that's me riding the fence a bit - now I am going to recheck your blog. 

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic