Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411470 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:05:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCovert Warfare released: we need feedback. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Covert Warfare released: we need feedback. Thanks!  (Read 4007 times)
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:38:43 AM »

Covert Warfare, developed with BlitzMax is officially released.

Covert Warfare is a tactical action game where you must destroy a set of terrestrial, aerial or sea objetives,
on a limited time, employing for this purpose the combat power of the fighting helicopter Apache AH-64, and
 in some ocassions a second Black Hawk helicopter as wingman.

The game is visualized from an aerial view, proporcionated by the cameras of our satellite belongins to the SPHERE
 net, which covers the terrain area of each mission. You count on with different possibilities to examine the
 environment and to assign instructions to each unit in order to accomplish all the objetives.

Covert Warfare is directed to people that like war action games and Google Earth enthusiasts that
 enjoy finding military facilies. Imagine that you can combat with an Apache AH-64 destroying as many enemy units
 as you want over any real place in the world: cities, military places...

Covert Warfare is a game where all the levels will be created (very easily) by the players. You can create
 your own designs and participate in our community where all the players share their levels, resources, tools...

You can see two gameplay videos now in www.clandestineworks.com (you can download them in divx format from our web)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAl9DUXyJiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6dpttciVHM

Web, gallery, level creation and more in:
http://www.clandestineworks.com

You can download the free trial here:
http://www.clandestineworks.com/downloads/setup-cw-demo.exe
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:56:59 AM by clandestineworks » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:07:50 AM »

Looks interesting but before anything else, I suggest that you introduce yourself a bit Smiley

Also, a quick question totaly unrelated... How well did the development go with BlitzMax? Does it support alpha blending?

Anyways, I'll try to give it a spin...
Later!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:15:46 PM by Guert » Logged

Al King
Level 1

Nobody expects...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »

Hmm, deja vu  Grin The technology is very cool, I might take a gander tomorrow.
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:31:09 AM »

sorry and sorry...

we have just introduced!

We have been re-balancing the game and making some adjustments....

PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »

Very cool game, already pretty nice gameplay too.

Two things I've noticed upon quickly trying it out (read: only a couple of minute playtime);
First off it's quite difficult to control the helicopter because you can hardly see the mouse crosshair and at times the screen is a bit too full with things. Switching the artificial elements off does improve sight, but it ruins control even more because the mouse is gone then.
Secondly, I don't know of any key that's named [Intro] , but perhaps you've meant the [Enter] or [Return] key there? It seems to work that way.

A very good element of this game is the atmosphere it creates and in a way it reminded me of Defcon's nice atmosphere. You've managed to get a similar kind of feeling going in this game, which is very nice. The balance in the game seems to be pretty okey, although perhaps the range of the machine gun is a bit too far. So far I've enjoyed this game though, very cool.

"Fun is rule."
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »

Thanks a lot Phemox, Guert and to all... We are very happy with your words...

You have reason. We are considering to increase the width of the mouse crosshair for a better visibility. When the scene is too confusing (intense combat) the player must use the slowmotion mode (key X) to be able to think with a bit more time his next movement/objetive, but be carefully, the slowmotion time is limited.

The Trial version has limitated the gameplay time to two minutes but the tutorial levels  hasn't that limitation (up to 10 or 15 minutes). This limitation is because in trial version you can play any level designed by any player (with trial or full version)

Yes, Intro = Return Smiley ,. We will change this in the next update.

Probably you have reason, it isn't realistic that the machine gun have the same range than the hydra rockets. We are working to re-balance this factor.

What is your opinion about the wingman control scheme?

would you like to design one level and submit to the forum?
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 03:02:05 AM »

- Higher resolution support (1280 x 1024): looks fantastic
- Simplified tutorial
- New FX: Auto-zoom
- Artillery support
- 20” slowmotion time for new levels
- Cannons range adjusted
- Better visibility of cursor.
- HUD improvements
- Some bugs corrected (sound system)

Some feedback?

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »

Tried out the tutorial. Got pretty frustrated because I couldn't figure out why my enemies weren't dying. I was practically right next to him, pointing at him, and there was NO visual representation of ANYTHING death-related happening. Might have been sound was off, but even with sound off, I should know what's happening.

My only other annoyance was that the game was being played in the upper-left of the screen. This is less annoying than playing on a stretched screen (I have a wide screen), but especially if you want me to pay for it, you should center the screen.

The game seems pretty nice, though. Overal, I thought it was neat for much of the same reasons other people have. BTW: How do you map out the roads and stuff? If it done by you, are google maps or something.

ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 10:55:48 PM »

Looks like 08 is going to rock the indy scene.
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »

SplinterOfChaos: Maybe you have been point to the terrestrial enemies with the Stinger weapon (only for aerial objetives). If this is the reason then i am going to facilitate this to the player selecting acutomatically Hydra if you are pointing a terrestrial objetive with Stinger missiles. We supose your are pointing with the left button.

We will correct the 'wide screens problem' , is a very important problem. Thanks for notice us.

We cant do the maps with Google Earth because it would be illegal. We can Tutorial levels are painted.

Thanks a lot SpliterOChaos. Please confirm us the first point.
clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

Thanks ultim8p00. Do you really think that? I we can contribute to that in some way we will be wery happy!!  We are very modest at the moment. Covert Warfare is now only a baby.

Thanks.
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »

Yeah, I might have been clicking wrong.

Although, this time when I started the game, the screen was stretched instead of un-centered. weird.

Too lazy to write any more right now.

clandestineworks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »

Hi to all.

By courtesy of GFXPoll we have published a litte poll at Covert Warfare web: www.clandestineworks.com/blog . Registration is not needed. You only need to click over your opinion. Thanks a lot!

You can select more than one option if you want.

The options are:

I would like more levels to play: i am not interested in designing new levels but i have played the tutorial levels and i would play new levels.
 I would prefer a multiplayer mode: I would like to play in multiplayer modo, against a friend locating on the scenary my owns units: tanks, gun turrets, facilities…
 I would like another graphic style: The graphic style of Covert Warfare is too special. I would like a graphic style more conventional.
 The game is too boring for me: I don’t like this game. (Do you have a suggestion? please here).

We need some feedback for last updates:

Free trial Updated (version 1.1):

- Higher resolution support (1280 x 1024): looks fantastic
- Simplified tutorial
- New FX: Auto-zoom
- Artillery support
- 20” slowmotion time for new levels
- Cannons range adjusted
- Better visibility of cursor.
- HUD improvements
- Some bugs corrected (sound system)

New Update (version 1.2):

- Weapon auto-select: when accidentally you point to a terretrial enemy unit with Stinger selected, Hydra, Hellfire or cannons will be automatically selected
- Improved Apache maneuverability
- Occasional Apache loss of control corrected.
- Improved enemy units rendering system
- New enemy unit: large transportation unit
- New enemy unit class: gun boat
- New FX - Scenario explosions
- New FX - Smoke columns
- New FX - Wind
- Menu FX selectionable level
- Free trial scenario size limits extended to 2500 x 2000
- Better ‘range check red-line’ visibility
- Improved scanner rendering system
- Some bugs corrected

Thanks a lot!