Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:19:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeJW's dream games
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: JW's dream games  (Read 5588 times)
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »

This:

I have the same problem as Machine. I know I've seen this before and I pretty sure it was in a movie. Where is this from?
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »

What games about dreams are out there? I can't be the only one who, after seeing Inception, thought it may make for a compelling game mechanic. Psychonauts immediately comes to mind, but I'm thinking more about an adventure-style with more puzzles based on stacking dreams and engineering events to coincide properly between them with time dilation effects properly accounted-for.

I believe that wourme has made a thread about this. Besides NiGHTS and Little Nemo in Dreamland, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I'll go look for the thread.

I've been working on a adventure game called Amnesia which is about a guy who every night goes down this weird corridor with lots of doors, each representing a different dream, the metagame being his quest to remember his identity by solving puzzles in these recurring dreams (some of him as a child, some as an adult).  I've been working on and off on it for about 6 years.  I hope to share it with you guys one day!

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »

I found that thread last night and forgot to put it up here. Durr...?
It's on SelectButton.
I think he might also have a games-about-dreams thread somewhere on TIGSource, but I couldn't find it.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »

This:

I have the same problem as Machine. I know I've seen this before and I pretty sure it was in a movie. Where is this from?

This is real, it's in Dubai:

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »

Ah! I have seen pictures of that building before, actually. I just never noticed the tennis court at the top of it...
I'm still bugged by the question of what movie I saw it in, though.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
njm1992
Level 0

Aaaaargh!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 04:33:49 AM »

Ah! I have seen pictures of that building before, actually. I just never noticed the tennis court at the top of it...

I think it's usually a helipad, but for some kind of occassion they had 2 famous tennis players play there... Smiley
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 04:57:04 AM »

This seems a good spot to repost an email I sent to Derek Yu a couple of months ago:

I had a dream in which I was playing a leaked version of Spelunky 2.

The graphics were more lo-fi, somewhat like those in Balding's Quest actually. There were 24 levels (6 main areas, I guess) instead of 16, and you could skip entire areas by going down holes in the ground and stuff like that. Yetis made a return, but could inexplicably found in just about any area, regardless of climate. Level generation had changed a lot... there were a lot of long drops that were just a tile wide, so you'd need to drop a rope down in order to progress. One of the areas was some kind of desert or beach, and for some reason that section played out top-down, Zelda style. I was collecting some kind of crystal bubble thing when I woke up.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

I think it's usually a helipad, but for some kind of occassion they had 2 famous tennis players play there... Smiley

Ahh, this makes way more sense. I thought that having a tennis court up there was about the stupidest idea ever, helipad makes way more sense.
Robotwo
Level 2

I'm a complicated being after all

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

This reminds me of Destruct from Tyrian :D

What we are is simply a stepping stone to what we can become
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic