Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:32:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNew indie game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New indie game  (Read 1529 times)
santiago3d
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »

Hello, I'm Santiago Gonzalez, I am creating my own game, and as I don't have a job right now I use all the time I have for my projects, in this case, Bloody Desert, is a strategy game C & C style, and also with an air of flashpoint, I'm also using some concepts like the ones that the legendary CARRIER COMMAND and the great UFO X-COM used to have.

Each soldier has his name, his experience and rank, and the gameplay of the game is designed so that it hurts us to lose every soldier, a tank for example, must have 3 soldiers inside, and we are very painful to lose a battle tank.

also aim to take the stage with dynamic campaign, and that the game does not separate in missions but rather to be continuous, which means that if we've been playing only for a month you can see your first base just by going to it, so it doesn't happens that all what you did in the previous mission disappears, in fact, the missions are everywhere, as each unit or group will have its own mission, and our goal as players, all of our units will achieve their missions, rescue, transport, attack and defenses ...

we also must trade a bit, because we invaded a territory and seize resources we find, unlike other games, the resources does not turn into money, but we must trade them...

The scene is a desert, with mountains and some natural limits, but only because I'm alone doing the programming, 3d models, textures, and others, I have no capability or time to do the scenary, in the Future versions I'll have other types of scenarios ...

The units at this time, I have designed only the half of one side, yesterday I completed the first soldier in 3d with its animation, and now I'm working a bit on the AI, the strategic and databases ....

Another important thing is that in this game, we can not create soldiers, we must ask for them to our government or country, and they would send soldiers as we have more positive points that we made by sending resources to the politicians and conquering territories.

another important thing is that all units have fuel, health and limited ammunition, this is to give more prominence to the bases, because you can't create units, bases will serve to run as real BASES in all our missions in these rules We have buildings such as barracks, heliports, warehouses, HQ, radar, satellital connection, fenders and other things.

here some supply trucks, the carry tanks, parts, etc...

Currently there are no videos showing the gameplay, as I started to write this game in December, I have a lot of experience developing video games, since I've been doing it on my own for several years, this time I'm unemployed, so I hope to succeed and live doing what I like, creating video games ...

greetings!
Santiago

I would love you to tell me how do you feel and what do you like the most, or not, about the gameplay concepts, since I don't have a video of the game it's difficult to have feedback

i uploaded in youtube 2 videos, one with a short preview of bloody, and other showing my new soldier firing animation
Sorry for my english, I hope you understood me
MaciejS
Level 0

Indie Game Developer from Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:00:11 AM »

The project looks promising and I like many of your game-play concepts but it's difficult to say much more now.

Not sure why you didn't include link to your website here as well as mentioned youtube videos. People aren't going to google for your game after reading your post.

Anyway, good luck with your project!

ps. and last thing, please work a bit on improving your written English  Wink
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:38:54 PM by MaciejS » Logged

wcyou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

wow it looks great for a project barely a month by 1 person, can I know what this is created with?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic